Light-O-Rama Forums

Connecting power supply to pixie 8 controller

jgcorl

Ok so I am kind of new to this, so hopefully someone can help me out.  I have a pixie 8 controller and a 200W power supply from the store.  The controller has screw down connections for the power supply, but the ends of the power supply have pronged ends that will not fit into the screw down hole.  Not sure if I should cut the prongs and feed in the wire or if there is a connector I could get.  Help is appreciated!  Thanks.

12 minutes ago, jgcorl said:

Ok so I am kind of new to this, so hopefully someone can help me out.  I have a pixie 8 controller and a 200W power supply from the store.  The controller has screw down connections for the power supply, but the ends of the power supply have pronged ends that will not fit into the screw down hole.  Not sure if I should cut the prongs and feed in the wire or if there is a connector I could get.  Help is appreciated!  Thanks.

Picture (or link to datasheet) is worth 1K words 👍

Store? Whose

Pronged ends?  Pins?

First of all, A pixie 8 has  2 sets of Bank inputs

If you have a Gen 1 : it uses .25 Faston connections

If you have a Gen 2: It uses bare wire or Ferreled leads (preferred). These insert into the side hole, and the screw clamps the wire/ferrel. just pay attention to + and -

You need to make 2 sets of connections (Banks 1 and 2)  for Either style

32 minutes ago, jgcorl said:

You can cut the ends off or go to HC and purchase a power pigtail for about $3. That is what I use for the 50 or so pixie controllers I have built.

If cutting the ends off you need to know which wires are which.

You can watch my build videos by going to the General HArdware section and pasted at the top will be my pixie configuration writeup. There is a video attached, go to that video and look for my build video. Sorry I am not in a place where I can send a link.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

On 11/9/2019 at 11:18 AM, Mr. P said:

I would also highly recommend that you upgrade your license if your profile is correct and you have a Standard license.

Yeah, I apparently have to.  It will not recognize my CCC-II box...

12vdc-60-watt-power-supply-2.gif

On 11/9/2019 at 10:47 AM, TheDucks said:

Picture (or link to datasheet) is worth 1K words 👍

Store? Whose

Pronged ends?  Pins?

First of all, A pixie 8 has  2 sets of Bank inputs

If you have a Gen 1 : it uses .25 Faston connections

If you have a Gen 2: It uses bare wire or Ferreled leads (preferred). These insert into the side hole, and the screw clamps the wire/ferrel. just pay attention to + and -

You need to make 2 sets of connections (Banks 1 and 2)  for Either style

Here is a picture of the power supply.  The terminals will not fit into the port on the card.  From your description it sounds like a gen 2 card.

6 minutes ago, jgcorl said:

Yeah, I apparently have to.  It will not recognize my CCC-II box...

This is how I connected https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15fjwpIkIo6nQ64dRLsWdn1mr5DUaTqQ8/20191109_132421.jpg

This is how I mount them to CG1500 (a 1" angle bkt on the top https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15fjwpIkIo6nQ64dRLsWdn1mr5DUaTqQ8/20181106_134028.jpg

Edited by TheDucks
image file

7 minutes ago, jgcorl said:

Here is a picture of the power supply.  The terminals will not fit into the port on the card.  From your description it sounds like a gen 2 card.

Ah LOR, but they changed Pixies. Yes, cut the spade lugs off. Then use ferrels or tin the wires so stray strands do not cause sparks

• The topic was locked