Light-O-Rama Forums

Pinecrest Halloween 2019 Boogie

PCRail

This selection from Pinecrest Halloween 2019 begins with the Masked Dancer showing us how to Boogie. The moving spots were popular with kids, like a laser is popular with cats. More selections are on our Youtube Channel. Search Youtube for "Pinecrest Halloween" Click "Filters" and select "Channel". That's us. I learned a lot about those moving spots this year, after a rough attempt last year. The key to success is spending enough $ and having a lot of free time. That's also the key to a happy life, by the way. Since there seems to be no contests this year, I won't bother describing  hardware or software, (OK, it's S5 Pro but don't tell). The smart spider was my main project this year. The spider, itself, was born at Party City. I used up a lot of odd smart pixel strips that I had purchased online by accident with LED's closer than most 4" per pixel strips and no weatherproofing. I learned about pulling strips into protective coverings. Each leg has two strips to  produce subtle motion. The body, eyes and antennae are separate props. I'm in love with a monster. That's also the title of my favorite musical sequence of this year's show. I think I'll try pixelizing a skeleton next. I hope you enjoy the show. It's not really about the lights, you know.

Richard and Mike