Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 16 LOR Effects ?

ace22

So I was reading through the manual and came across this:

Color Effects

This feature is only available when the controller is configured for 50 physical pixels/string.

Then at the end of the manual with the Controller it States Pixie 16D - 170 Pixels per string - 50 LOR effects Pixels.

Does this mean that if I'm using the Pixel effects in the software I can only address 50 pixels per string?

That is correct. The Pixie series controllers are based off the original CCP/CCB controllers which only used 50 pixels per port. Instead of sequencing in the RGB channels these pixels could be controlled with other channels which were installed under the normal RGB channels. These color effect and macro channels are a carryover and will only work with 50 pixels.

Edited by Mr. P

49 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

That is correct. The Pixie series controllers are based off the original CCP/CCB controllers which only used 50 pixels per port. Instead of sequencing in the RGB channels these pixels could be controlled with other channels which were installed under the normal RGB channels. These color effect and macro channels are a carryover and will only work with 50 pixels.

Thanks for your Response Mr. P. That makes since I am just not sure why they would say you can have 170 pixels if you can only program them up to 50 with the software they provide. Just odd to me. But o-well. Dosent hurt me but I was hoping to utilize 100 pixels per string instead of just 50. 

2 hours ago, ace22 said:

So I was reading through the manual and came across this:

Color Effects

This feature is only available when the controller is configured for 50 physical pixels/string.

Then at the end of the manual with the Controller it States Pixie 16D - 170 Pixels per string - 50 LOR effects Pixels.

Does this mean that if I'm using the Pixel effects in the software I can only address 50 pixels per string?

I read that also.  This is a case where bigger is not better. 2 Pixie8's are better than a Pixie16.

But I also interpreted the 50 thing to mean some of the extra effects,not the basics..

That 50 number also kicks in for standalone on the Pixie4 (eg. no chase if the ports are set for more than 50.)

OP-

in order to use more than 100 pixels per port on a pixie device you must add the device as if it were a pixcon16 running the LOR Network.

Give it the same Unit ID and all

When you add in SE you will select “pixcon16” add the other settings and then select the number of pixels.

If you need more info go to the General Hardware section of the forums and watch the video included in my writeup”.

Until LOR updates SE/S5 to recognize the pixie devices for more than 100 pixels that is what you must do.

JR

2 hours ago, ace22 said:

Thanks for your Response Mr. P. That makes since I am just not sure why they would say you can have 170 pixels if you can only program them up to 50 with the software they provide. Just odd to me. But o-well. Dosent hurt me but I was hoping to utilize 100 pixels per string instead of just 50. 

Please read my last response. I discovered this while assisting others.

Dont get caught up with Macro channels, they were used before our time.

When / if exporting from SS to SE “do not include Maceo channels”  unless you want be scratching your head wondering why you have 10 extra channels.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

• The topic was locked