Light-O-Rama Forums

Testing A Show On My Work Bench In My Garage

JonathanG

(I am brand-new to this)

I want to set up my laptop, my new LOR1602W, two purchased sequences, and packages of LED lights to get an idea of how it all works/looks/runs before I start putting up lights after Thanksgiving.

My question: Is there anyway to hit a "play" button off the Hub (or any other app) to run my two songs?  I know I can run it off the Scheduler App (on a schedule), but I was looking for something more simple.

Thanks so much.

PS - I have spent hours looking for an answer - but just couldn't find anything.

Please fill in your profile with your software version and license level so we know what you are working with. Answers to your questions are different based on these two factors.

9 minutes ago, JonathanG said:

(I am brand-new to this)

I want to set up my laptop, my new LOR1602W, two purchased sequences, and packages of LED lights to get an idea of how it all works/looks/runs before I start putting up lights after Thanksgiving.

My question: Is there anyway to hit a "play" button off the Hub (or any other app) to run my two songs?  I know I can run it off the Scheduler App (on a schedule), but I was looking for something more simple.

Thanks so much.

PS - I have spent hours looking for an answer - but just couldn't find anything.

You don't show a software version however in S4 we have what is known as the Visualizer and in S5 they have the Preview. They are the simpleist

JR

Wow - thanks for the quick response.

I have the Basic Version, S5?  (I ordered it last week)

(It was the Pro Series 16 Channel Starter Package)

Thank You.

To test your sequence you can just play the sequence on the pc connected to the controller.  

Maker sure LOR com is active and running in the background.  Make sure control lights is selected in the sequencer.  

Note:  This is how to perform the task in S4 software.  I bet S5 is similar.  

I always test my sequences and equipment prior to placement in the yard.  I usually do this in the summer where I have time to fix if it doesn’t work.  

7 hours ago, sax said:

To test your sequence you can just play the sequence on the pc connected to the controller.  

Maker sure LOR com is active and running in the background.  Make sure control lights is selected in the sequencer.  

Note:  This is how to perform the task in S4 software.  I bet S5 is similar.  

I always test my sequences and equipment prior to placement in the yard.  I usually do this in the summer where I have time to fix if it doesn’t work.  

Yes, very similar in S5, the window for S5 has tabs on the right edge for the Preview, Control Lights and Effects. Be sure PC is running, the Control Lights require the proper boxes to be checked and if LOR, DMX or what any other network you are CURRENTLY wired into and testing IS CHECKED! Otherwise the Control Lights will be disabled.

Have fun and good luck. I would also add...upgrading to Pro has great advantages.

Jim

Edited by Rockhammer53
additional comment