Light-O-Rama Forums

Last four Pixel

vipzach

I am using S5 and the Instant sequence tool. I one LOR Gen3 controller and two alphapix controllers. I am using the instant sequence tool on some coro mini trees that have 100 pixels in them. When I use the tool to create the sequence in then move to the sequencer and have it control the lights, the last four pixels on the tree do not light up. I can use the test feature on the controller and all of the lights will turn on and run through the different test functions just fine. Pretty sure it has to be something in my LOR settings.

Below is screenshot of the settings in LOR. The Max channel number has been changed to 300 also.

image.png.67bb19bdaef4ba87842b60aa18fd4abb.png

Edited by vipzach

Hmmm. Either the Sequencer is not sending all the commands to the light string, or the hardware is not reacting to the commands for the last 4 pixels. Is it behaving the same for both of the alpha pix controllers?

I can do chase patterns when I put the controller in test mode, so I don't think it is a hardware issue. On the other controller, it only has strips with 25 pixels attached and seems to be OK. 

I could try switching the addresses on the controllers and see if it behaves the same. Or change one the channels to 100 pixels and attach the same tree to it.

That would be a good test.

And since all the pixels work in the Playback screen of the Sequencer it would not appear to be a SuperStar bug. So it would seem to be in the Sequencer or the Hardware.

I don't know yet. I have emailed David at HolidayCoro. This makes two things that have been odd about this controller. First being that I could not use Multicast when using two controller. The aplpha4 was fine on multicast, but the alpha16 would not respond. I changed the LOR network setting to the IP of each controller and it started working. Now I have the issue of it not lighting the last four pixels. 

He told me they would look into the first issue because they generally prefer multicast. Haven't received a response on the second issue.

I can't speak to Alphapix, but unicast is usually the preferred protocol for IP devices, by most people.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to open an existing superstar effect?

I added two pixels to each of my mini trees. I want to open the existing superstar (instant sequence) and rerun with the exact same settings that were previously used. This way I have the same colors and settings, but include the new pixels.

Unfortunately there is not. You would have to remember the settings you had and set it that way again.

The new Auto Sequence feature is better in that way. It remembers what you set and plays the same way each time and is more versatile and is not limited to 24 rows. There is a video tutorial on the auto-sequence feature. Go to the lightorama main website, click on Support, then click on "Tutorials and PDFs", scroll down until you get to the superstar section. Towards the bottom of the superstar section is a tutorial named something like "Auto Sequence feature, introduction and preview"

And actually it just occurred to me that you could "scale" the current instant sequence you have. Do the following:

1) open the instant sequence and import a visualization of the mini trees with the added two pixels

2) click on "save as" and save it to a new name like "instant sequence + 2 pixels"

2) click on the Edit menu and select "select all"

3) click on the Tools menu and select "move or scale selected effects"

4) select "scale"

5) set the source width and height to be the original width and height of the sequencing. set the dest width and height to account for the two pixels you have added