Light-O-Rama Forums

Question on iDMX and wireless

thebaronn

Hello!

I purchased the iDMX interface to run my DMX fogger.

I also have a DC LOR board that I plan to run wireless.

What is the easiest way to configure this.

I had plans on having the iDMX interface at the end of the controller series, but then I planned on wireless and now I dont know what to do.

Can I purchase another USB485 and have the first one run to all the controllers and the iDMX at the end of the line and then hook the wirelest to the other USB485?

Or would it be easier to buy another single wireless link and have the wireless DC board and the controllers/iDMX series wireless as well?

Thank you for any help!

Eric

thebaronn wrote:

Can I purchase another USB485 and have the first one run to all the controllers and the iDMX at the end of the line and then hook the wirelest to the other USB485?

Yes - Network A / Network B (LOR2 required for this) or the USB485B (Booster) has 2 outputs. I believe this one is need for th wireless unit.

thebaronn wrote:
Or would it be easier to buy another single wireless link and have the wireless DC board and the controllers/iDMX series wireless as well?

This is all up to you and your network layout.

Harrison

There are a number of reasons that people go wireless. I am not sure of your reason BUT if you need to have the CMB card wirless and nothing else needs to be wireless then you can place the ELL in the "middle" of your daisy chain from the PC, close to the CMB's ELL.

Dan

Would it look like this?

Computer---->ELL------>C1----->C2----->C3------>C4----->C5----->iDMX

and then off in the distance: ELL----->CMD

Is this correct?

Thank you

Eric

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old post but I have a related question and this seems like the best place for it.

I have the IDMX1000 that I want to mount in a place that would be better if I didn't have LOR network cables ran to it.
Can I connect an Easy Light Linker to my IDMX1000, supply power to the IDMX and it work as a stand alone unit?

Yes.

The iDMX is like any LOR controller. You will need external power in this configuration. I run my iDMX off a ELL and connected to 2 other LOR controllers on my roof. My DMX Universe starts from that point. So I don't need a power wart.

• The topic was locked