Light-O-Rama Forums

Sound Issues

thedementedelf

I'm having issues with sound during show playback. It's hard to pinpoint because it happens on different songs at diferent times. Before my show I run music and no problems. Once I start the show it played tonight for one rotation then the sound stopped, but the lights continued to blink as if everyrthing was ok. To get sound bakc I have to reboot and it might make it through another rotation before stopping again. Its in now about 8:30 and show started at 7pm, I just rebooted for the fourth time. HELP!!!!!!!!

Isn't it funny that the sound guy is having sound issues...LOL! At least I found it funny...

Anyway, to the problem at hand. If the actual audio file is ok, I would open up the sequence and edit the media file. Just put the same file in again and save it again. See if that makes a difference.

"Edit">"Media File" then select the file for the sequence again.

Ponddude wrote:

Isn't it funny that the sound guy is having sound issues...LOL! At least I found it funny...

Can you say Irony? I think I know what the problem is but I hope I'm wrong My show computer is windows 2000. here's what I've done tonight. So this makes sense, I'm using LOR software with the other boards. So I went into the boards hardware utility and set them to test random twinkle and just ran music through Zara. Once show time was over I deleted LOr and reinstalled. Resaved all the sequences to make sure they knew where the music files were located. I then wanted to run a test schedule, but now its not letting me save any schedules at all. Instead of getting better its getting worse.

Here's a partial update.......after posting about not being able to save a schedule I noticed in another post someoen else had same problem. So i deleted LOR and ran the registery cleaner and reinstalled. It let me save the schedule. I'm waitng for it to run and see if I still have sound problems.

UPDATE!!!!!! After reinstalling everything, I ran the scheduler this morning for 3 hours (length of show) and had no sound problems at all. Cleaning out the registry and reinstalling seems to have worked. We'll see what happens tonight when it counts.

thedementedelf wrote:

Ponddude wrote:

Can you say Irony?

I can.

Irony:P

Kev, let me know if you need anything

Evana...Thanks very much. I thnk I have it narrowed down to the computer itself. I rebooted the computer last naight at start of show becuae no sound. then pointed a fan directly at the computer with its cover off. (yes a naked computer) and everything worked just fine. So it looks like it might be a heat issue or a short somewhere in the motherboard along the sound path. Just to play it safe I bought a used Dell last night 1ghz that will become my main show computer and the one I have now will be a back up.