Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy beat wizard beats as a unique chosen RGB color

TimWood

Someone may have figured this out already.  I spend a lot of time choosing a unique RGB color and filling in my ccr or dumb RGBs for each beat.   Once I get the top row complete, I will copy and “paste multiple” vertically down so the rest of my ccr has it but there has to be a simpler way.  If I’m choosing blue, green or red, no problem.  I just paste the beats into that particular color  channel (red green or blue, or combined).  But how do I get those beats to be able to paste into a color that I would like from the colors ( like those in the fading option).   Essentially, I want to choose a unique color and assign it to those beats. Any one seen this?  Probably an easy answer, but I have not figured it out in the past 5 years.

Make both ends of the fade the color you want to use, then apply that to the main channel bar (not the red/green/blue individual channels). You can copy that main channel and paste into another main channel and the unique color should paste in the correct r/g/b values. I just started using dumb rgb's this year myself in S4 and I believe that is the way I did it. (It has been a few months since I updated my sequences.)

Maybe I read you wrong. Do you want a different color in each beat vertically? That would be a tougher one to do. Basically I would copy that color from a different spot in the song on the main RGB bar and paste it into my new beat cell on the main bar of the other channel making sure I was pasting by "cell" or by "time" depending on what I was doing. Usually I would make a very small cell for the beat if I just wanted a *hit* flash of light, or a larger cell if I was following the beat. Then I would take a different cell with my color, copy it and paste it into my new cell using paste by cell.