Light-O-Rama Forums

Convert a CCR sequence to a DMX sequence

Shadow62672

Looking to convert a sequence from CCR to DMX. I have a holiday CORO 16 ribbon tree, and have some 16 CCR sequences. Is there a way to convert the CCR sequence to a DMX run sequence? they dont play on the holiday coro tree. 

13 minutes ago, Shadow62672 said:

Looking to convert a sequence from CCR to DMX. I have a holiday CORO 16 ribbon tree, and have some 16 CCR sequences. Is there a way to convert the CCR sequence to a DMX run sequence? they dont play on the holiday coro tree. 

You can't actually convert them but you can copy and paste the sequence. Open both sequences at the same time in SE then copy the 16 Ribbon CCR sequence and paste it on the !6 ribbon DMX sequence. Number of channels are the same just named differently.

Edited by Mr. P

2 minutes ago, Shadow62672 said:

I guess thats where I am confused. Do I create a new sequence? and assign it as DMX?

Have you already added the E1.31 controller, alphapix I presume, to your current sequences?

No. Not even sure with the S5 how to change channels and such. I assumed it would be a simple conversion to change the controller in the channels like the old S3.

1 minute ago, Shadow62672 said:

No. Not even sure with the S5 how to change channels and such. I assumed it would be a simple conversion to change the controller in the channels like the old S3.

Sorry, you are using S5 so I can't help you. I am using S4 and it is different. Please update your profile to show S5.

In S4 open a current sequence and add the DMX 16 ribbon tree to the bottom. This is presuming that you don't have a CCR 16 ribbon tree already in the sequence. Then open the CCR sequence simultaneously in SE and copy the tree ccr tree sequencing and paste them in the DMX tree. A 16x50 tree should have the same amount of channels in both types of sequences, UNLESS, someone added the macro channels in the CCR sequence.

If you have the CCR tree already in your existing sequences then there is a different way to do it without copy and paste.

Ok. S4 I opened the current CCR ribbon sequence in the sequencer. I dont see an option to open a tree at the bottom. I am assuming you are talking about opening Super star then pasting into the sequencer without exporting?

2 minutes ago, Shadow62672 said:

Ok. S4 I opened the current CCR ribbon sequence in the sequencer. I dont see an option to open a tree at the bottom. I am assuming you are talking about opening Super star then pasting into the sequencer without exporting?

No, no, open one of the current sequences that you use. Is there a CCR tree already in your current sequence?

Sounds like a couple of dif problems.

He has to add the DMX channels, then set the controller up with the proper unit ID's and then just copy paste from the HC sequence to his own.

Mr. P - Im not sure why the old guys keep telling the new guys to just go with S5 if they are just starting out. There are a lot more of us helping out in S4 than S5 as well as get to know a little about sequencing in S4 will not make S5 any more difficult than it already is.

Gotta weigh the options - show or no show in 2019.

JR

Ok..... I purchased a ribbon tree off Holiday Coro, I have sequences written for a CCR tree. I want to use them but have no clue how to run it on the holiday coro tree. I know they run on the CCR ribbons, I am not getting anything with the Holiday coro ribbons, which is a DMX format. I want to know what I need to change in the CCR sequences. I tried just changing the CCR controller to standard DMX. It didnt work.

26 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

In other words, do you currently use a CCR tree and want to change it to a DMX tree?

YES! :)

11 minutes ago, Shadow62672 said:

Ok..... I purchased a ribbon tree off Holiday Coro, I have sequences written for a CCR tree. I want to use them but have no clue how to run it on the holiday coro tree. I know they run on the CCR ribbons, I am not getting anything with the Holiday coro ribbons, which is a DMX format. I want to know what I need to change in the CCR sequences. I tried just changing the CCR controller to standard DMX. It didnt work.

Heres the deal

1- What controller are you attempting to use for the tree

2- If its an LOR pixie16 or pixcon16 running an ELOR network you just copy paste the DMX rows from the HC sequence or any sequence to your LOR controller rows

3- If a pixie device please refer to my How to Configure a pixie device under the General Hardware section (top of the page)

If pixie and need help just ask

If pixcon16 Mr. P is usually kind enough to help out there. Hes a great guy. 

You do not need to change the tree to DMX unless you are using a controller that is DMX capable. If a pixcon16 just keep it simple and set it up in LOR mode. Don't over complicate things.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

11 minutes ago, Shadow62672 said:

An example is the sequences shipped from  Holiday Coro have a lms.lvs format. Mine are only .lms. 

The lsv files are not anything you can use to sequence, as far as I recall they are files that are required within SE but not by the end user. You should have an LMS or SUP or both if you purchased it. If that's the case log in to your HC account and redownload it.

JR

3 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

The lsv files are not anything you can use to sequence, as far as I recall they are files that are required within SE but not by the end user. You should have an LMS or SUP or both if you purchased it. If that's the case log in to your HC account and redownload it.

JR

Its an alpha pix controller. 

1 minute ago, Shadow62672 said:

Its an alpha pix controller. 

That explains it. I cant help you with that. Mr. P may be able to.

Sorry, just wanted to chime in just in case.

JR