Light-O-Rama Forums

Another Year another THANK You to ItsMeBobO

dibblejr

As many of the long term members know, I always say thank you whenever someone helps me.

Once again my friend Bob helped me this time it was with his MIIP program. It took me 3 years to finally get it up and running and based on the previous years and not being able to follow through with his assistance I was surprised when he offered it once more.

And just like me - all for free, on his lunch break.

I had one song uploaded for all of that time.

Well today he helped me on his lunch break. I had a to me a huge problem when I couldn't get it to work. He got on my computer and in a short time got it up and running and the show ran as scheduled tonight.

Halloween is my test holiday and this will be a great tool for Christmas.

For Bobs sake and sanity I hate to say everyone should install this but everyone should install this. 

THANK YOU BOB for all you do in the LOR forums.

JR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

HERE HERE. Remember, there is a donate button.

It's well known, just didn't want to post it, its on his page.

JR

I looked over this earlier this year. Didn't want to try and install it this year, plus I'm worried my devious children and grandchildren will band together and pick the same song over and over and over again to annoy me. 🤣

Maybe next Christmas. It looks great.

MichRX7      MIIP has all kinds of governors or throttles to prevent frequent repeats.     You can 

limit how often a person can vote (set time between votes) 

limit how often a person can vote for the same song (set time between votes for a song)

limit the hours a song can play 

limit how frequently a song can play (set min time between plays) 

I should say the entire point of MIIP is to allow the guests who are present to hear what they want.  With miip you need to chill a little about the songs you want people to like.  Personally I am SICK of Let it go which always gets a lot of votes.  But the parents who bring little kids vote for it for them.  So I use a kids show with Let it go available for the early hours and take that song out for the later hours.  

Edited by ItsMeBobO
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MichRX7 said:

I looked over this earlier this year. Didn't want to try and install it this year, plus I'm worried my devious children and grandchildren will band together and pick the same song over and over and over again to annoy me. 🤣

Maybe next Christmas. It looks great.

It is super easy to install.

Your answer was why it took me 3 years. LOL

Now I wish I installed it sooner.

JR

4 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

MichRX7      MIIP has all kinds of governors or throttles to prevent frequent repeats.     You can 

limit how often a person can vote (set time between votes) 

limit how often a person can vote for the same song (set time between votes for a song)

limit the hours a song can play 

limit how frequently a song can play (set min time between plays) 

I should say the entire point of MIIP is to allow the guests who are present to hear what they want.  With miip you need to chill a little about the songs you want people to like.  Personally I am SICK of Let it go which always gets a lot of votes.  But the parents who bring little kids vote for it for them.  So I use a kids show with Let it go available for the early hours and take that song out for the later hours.  

Like the idea about the kids show. I volunteered to help a family with a boy/ man with CP who doesn't have much tile left. His sister has always wanted to see my show but the family has no time with dad and brother working multiple jobs to pay those costs and mom spending 100% taking care of him.

Today my wife may be picking her up and bringing her to see it. I already warned the mom about Blow Me away being a little to harsh for a 5 year old so my wife will vote it down.

Looks like I will add a kids show in the mix but its only built within the website correct? Scheduler wont allow overlapping.

Thanks for that idea.

JR

• 3 weeks later...

I love MIIP. My kids are huge fans of it as well. They love to upvote songs that they enjoy. I am having an issue tonight however, I added an "announcement" track. I added it as a regular track so that it would play every 35 minutes or so ( I typed 35 into the box "Wait min" when I added the song) this track is now playing every other song. (Yes, I know I am crazy. I have my show going already) How do I get it to stop doing this?

Make sure that the Windows command is functioning for that song.  Remember that after making a change to the Windows command, you must restart the show player for that change to take effect.

• The topic was locked