Light-O-Rama Forums

Newly living in SW Florida - How do you attach to concrete house?

Donl1150

Just recently moved from far northern Minnesota to far southern Florida.  NO MORE SNOW for this guy!  But now I face a new problem.  Up north it was easy to attach lights to the house - they all had wood siding, trim, etc.  Now we moved in to a gated community with brand new houses.  They are all concrete block & stucco.  Even the window trim is concrete based.  I am sure others have figured out how to easily attach lights to the windows, doors, etc.  Would appreciate some thoughts for those who have faced this issue.  Thanks.

Don

33 minutes ago, Donl1150 said:

Just recently moved from far northern Minnesota to far southern Florida.  NO MORE SNOW for this guy!  But now I face a new problem.  Up north it was easy to attach lights to the house - they all had wood siding, trim, etc.  Now we moved in to a gated community with brand new houses.  They are all concrete block & stucco.  Even the window trim is concrete based.  I am sure others have figured out how to easily attach lights to the windows, doors, etc.  Would appreciate some thoughts for those who have faced this issue.  Thanks.

Don

Very large nails and a sledge hammer 😁

Seriously, my house is brick and stucco so we had to build window inserts to place inside the brick window framing which we connect the lights to. You can use wood or pvc piping to do this but you will need to get creative if you don't want to damage anything. 

Edited by Mr. P

Just like Mr P said, I use pvc to mount the lights in and then inset into window opening, had seamless gutters installed all around front of house to hang C9 and icicle lights from, the soffits are probably wood or vinal and you can use most any fastener for them. For roof I use pvc again with pvc feet and just place sand socks on them to keep strait and to prevent movement.

Good luck and welcome to Florida, Keith

I drill holes in mine howeve Home Depot , Lowes and online have these clips that will adhere to concrete, brick, wood to hold cables. We use them to mount security camera cables. They probably wont hold plops but at least babbles.

For my house roof outline I use the HC cips and 1/2" pvc but you can make your own clips with 1/2' pvc cut sections and then rip in the center. Drill them in and snap the pvc in to that. I now prefer the HC clips over risking losing a finger. PVC flexes.

Those clips are strong. One of my roof outline is 40' long and I used 5 to hold them in place. My outline stays up year round.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Like Mr.P window inserts  we made ours out of 1x2 painted black, Roof line hangs on gutter with plastic lite hooks. I mount my controllers to the house with tapcon ,they aint going anywhere.   Tired to get the roof line done yesterday but it was 92 here yesterday, went in and had a beer  !!!  Next week the roof, 5 - 6 foot wire framed snowflakes with two colors of new led rope ,pure white and blue . Made frames for each side of garage for the lites and candy canes angle brackets into the stucco with insterts.

Good luck and welcome to sunny south florida, getting a sun burn hanging Christmas lites  new experiance--sun block!!!!  Look at my display here in Fort Laudederdale DLH lites

Welcome!

David