Light-O-Rama Forums

Mounting snowflakes on the roof

ebrown1972

I have always mounted my boscoyo snowflakes on the side of my house. I am considering moving them to the roof. For those of you that have snowflakes on your roof, how did you mount them? If you can provide pics of them that would be great. Thanks.

Not in my current house (to tall) but on my previous home I used butterfly clips and zip ties.

The zip ties were used because of the thickness of the snowflakes.

Drill a small hole in two place opposite each other. Secure to butterfly clips and secure to shingles.

Note - leave the zip ties loose until you select location so you can adjust to reach shingle flaps.

JR 

4 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Not in my current house (to tall) but on my previous home I used butterfly clips and zip ties.

The zip ties were used because of the thickness of the snowflakes.

Drill a small hole in two place opposite each other. Secure to butterfly clips and secure to shingles.

Note - leave the zip ties loose until you select location so you can adjust to reach shingle flaps.

JR 

Thanks for the info. Did the snowflakes hold good with wind?

4 minutes ago, ebrown1972 said:

Thanks for the info. Did the snowflakes hold good with wind?

I do not recall ever losing one. I had the rgb flakes with regular led holes I drilled next to the holes.

That was before I went RGB now the new house is to y’all for them so they sit in my barn.

JR

3 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I do not recall ever losing one. I had the rgb flakes with regular led holes I drilled next to the holes.

That was before I went RGB now the new house is to y’all for them so they sit in my barn.

JR

I tried it they way you had done it in the past. I used binder clips and the flakes seem to be held in place very good. Thanks for the info. I believe they will hold up very well in the wind.