Light-O-Rama Forums

Help getting started

Eversmann

Ok I have installed all the software and hard components up according to their manuals, but I can not seem to get the sequence editor( control lights options checked) to actually control the lights. I do believe that the USB485 adapter was installed correctly but the drivers might be wrong. If the drivers are off can some one tell me how to fix it ,I have the cd but i am not sure what I have to extracted, or any other possible reasons why my sequencer is not controlling the lights. I am doing a memorial light so to commemorate a loss of a friend who has done this before, while I am new to this whole thing. Can anyone help me?

When you start the Sequence Editor does it complain that it is unable to open the communications port? If not, your drivers *may* be okay.

Are you able to control your lights using the Hardware Utility?

What controller are you using? If PC, did you initialize it with the hardware utility?
What operating system are you using? Vista can be buggy and there is a download for Vista. I also had trouble with USB485 and Vista. I had to reassign the com port.

My OS is Xp home edition, I have been able to get the lights to work with the options on the hardware utility, I did download the driver from that sight so I guessed that is not the problem, the sequence editor does not pop up any errors before it loads completely unless I do not have the devices plugged in, I might have initialize it with the hardware utility but I think I was doing it wrong (got some errors sometimes that the device could not be renamed).

I greatly appericate the help you guys are giving me. Later today I will try to use the hardware utility to initialize it. If I have an other problems I will post them.

If you can control your lights with the Hardware Utility, but the lights don't work in the Sequence Editor, my first guess would be that you have not properly assigned the channels in the Sequence Editor. Click on each of the channels in the Sequence Editor and see if they are properly assigned. (Fingers crossed - hope that fixes the problem.)