Light-O-Rama Forums

Error 23 Sequence file does not exist

Tman49

I'm a first time user. I have two CTB16PCG3. I tested some lights using SE. All went well. Some sequences were donated by members, some I created from scratch. All sequences were saved into the default LOR-sequence directory. I used the show editor to build the shows. Then scheduled the shows. Then ran the verifier. Error 23 Sequence file does not exist came up on almost every sequence. This is what the help box stated in part. 

"If you do want the sequence to play, perhaps its file was renamed (or placed in a different directory), or deleted.

If it was renamed (or placed in a different directory), you can either rename it back, or else use the Show Editor to point to the new name instead of the old one." I'm thinking I  should use the Show Editor to point to the new name. If that's correct, how can it be done?

Thanks in advance if you can help me.

Regards,

Thomas

Did you create show files?  That's one of the menu options under File.

Sorry, it's been a while since I ran S4 so I can't give you the exact wording.

30 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Did you create show files?  That's one of the menu options under File.

Are you referring to Sequence Editor? 

I noticed a difference in the address from the sequence to the show. Example: (SEQUENCE): C:\Users\kenn\Xmas\ TK Ice Ice Baby. lms 

(SHOW) C:\Users\inspe\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\2019 Xmas Party Show pt.2.lss 

However, all sequences have the same show pathway. 

This is what happens when you use “save as” while trying to move the sequences around.

Once you place the sequence on the show computer you should open ea h sequence and play the sequence.

That wi resync the seq and the audio and should rectify the problem.

JR

So, you are attempting to use two different accounts, for the show and the and the sequence directory. That won't work.Why and how are you working in two accounts?, kenn and inspe.

Decide on one or the other, and set everything to the same folder. You may need to run LORPost.exe to specify where you want LOR to set and look for its files. You should then make sure you sequences are in that location, including audio. You may need to open each sequence in turn and re-apply the audio. You will then create the show in the Show Player, by clicking on the big plus button and navigating to that same sequence folder. LOR can work outside it's own directory structure, but across user accounts, I doubt. Not even sure how you are doing that.

8 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

So, you are attempting to use two different accounts, for the show and the and the sequence directory. That won't work.Why and how are you working in two accounts?, kenn and inspe.

Decide on one or the other, and set everything to the same folder. You may need to run LORPost.exe to specify where you want LOR to set and look for its files. You should then make sure you sequences are in that location, including audio. You may need to open each sequence in turn and re-apply the audio. You will then create the show in the Show Player, by clicking on the big plus button and navigating to that same sequence folder. LOR can work outside it's own directory structure, but across user accounts, I doubt. Not even sure how you are doing that.

I'm not sure why the computer is doing it either. The inspe is from my email account. The kenn  is from my tower computer where I originally created sequences. I bought a laptop then transferred my sequences to it. That's where it happened I guess. 

So I'll try as suggested to get it sorted out. I'm not familiar with LORPost.exe. However, I'll try to find it. Thanks guys! I appreciate you so much.

c:\Program Files(x86)\LiteORama\LORPost.exe.

I would guess you should be logged in to user kenn. Sounds a bit messed up. Be careful and make sure you have a backup of your files before doing too much housekeeping.

20 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

This is what happens when you use “save as” while trying to move the sequences around.

Once you place the sequence on the show computer you should open ea h sequence and play the sequence.

That wi resync the seq and the audio and should rectify the problem.

JR

Each sequence has been played on the show computer. You're probably correct about the "save as" thing though. But I need to figure out how to get the sequences and show sequences on the same page. (Due to different accounts). kenn and inspe

6 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

c:\Program Files(x86)\LiteORama\LORPost.exe.

I would guess you should be logged in to user kenn. Sounds a bit messed up. Be careful and make sure you have a backup of your files before doing too much housekeeping.

So just to clarify, I should delete the shows I created, direct LOR where to find seq and audio files from one folder, then rebuild the shows. Is that correct?

Probably a good place to start, be be careful. and don't delete anything without a backup.

Use the account you always login to, where you, perhaps, do your sequencing. 

You have to realize I'm flying a bit blind here.

JR,

I tried your suggestion. I seems to be fixing my issue. Thank you soooooo much. If I have further issue like this I'll look into the other workaround.

19 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Probably a good place to start, be be careful. and don't delete anything without a backup.

Use the account you always login to, where you, perhaps, do your sequencing. 

You have to realize I'm flying a bit blind here.

Thanks for your input. I won't forget it. I tried what JR suggested because it seemed easier for an old guy like myself. It seems to be clearing up my problem. I don't understand it though because I've played all sequences on this new computer. At least I thought I did because I wrote it down.

20 minutes ago, Tman49 said:

Thanks for your input. I won't forget it. I tried what JR suggested because it seemed easier for an old guy like myself. It seems to be clearing up my problem. I don't understand it though because I've played all sequences on this new computer. At least I thought I did because I wrote it down.

Things happen to us old guys every now and then, we forget.

Glad the easy fix seems to work.

JR

One thing that kind of sticks out to me is that the directory structures on BOTH computers ARE NOT IDENTICAL.  

I have 3 computers I use, each computer uses the SAME EXACT DIRECTORY and LOR SETUP, all folders on each computer are under LOR where all Audio, Sequences, Show Files, Updates for Software and Firmware are all kept. 

But if they are under different names from one system to another, you will run into this issue as well. 

Learned years ago, make sure every computer is using the SAME SETTINGS and FOLDERS for LOR, otherwise, you end up with many issues that can cause conflict or errors, and things just won't work as you thought.

I'm just trying to figure out qualifies you as an "old guy" is there a specific physical age? Mental age? Length of time running shows?