Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX and Enhanced Network

vipzach

Can somebody please explain what this means and what I need to do? I have a CTB16D controller and two AlphaPix controllers. I have the network prefectures set to E1.31 multicast and the Com listener sees all of the ports. I just don't understand what this means or how to correct it. If it matters I am running 5.3.8 Pro.

image.png.632801dc88b38e340af2ddd79afb2c87.png

6 minutes ago, vipzach said:

Can somebody please explain what this means and what I need to do? I have a CTB16D controller and two AlphaPix controllers. I have the network prefectures set to E1.31 multicast and the Com listener sees all of the ports. I just don't understand what this means or how to correct it. If it matters I am running 5.3.8 Pro.

image.png.632801dc88b38e340af2ddd79afb2c87.png

I do not know S5 but it looks like making the network “enhanced” would solve the problem.

Go to Network Preferences or S5 equivalent and check the enhance box for the network in question.

JR

If your AC controllers are older, or you don't have a high speed USB adaptor, you can't apply motion effects to those controllers. Just delete the motion effect for those conventional channels and sequence them normally. The E1.31 stuff is fine.

If you have new AC controllers a red High Speed adapter will allow motion effects on the AC lights.

If you have both, then you will need to turn on Enhanced network ELOR to allow motion effects.

Motion effects are most effective on pixels anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhilMassey said:

If your AC controllers are older, or you don't have a high speed USB adaptor, you can't apply motion effects to those controllers. Just delete the motion effect for those conventional channels and sequence them normally. The E1.31 stuff is fine.

If you have new AC controllers a red High Speed adapter will allow motion effects on the AC lights.

If you have both, then you will need to turn on Enhanced network ELOR to allow motion effects.

Motion effects are most effective on pixels anyway.

I believe I have motion effects on my two RGB arches and 4 RGB mini trees. 

I am unsure how to see what other channels have motion effect rows. 

My AC controller is from 2008 and so is the USB adapter. 

Not sure what ELOR is either.

Your AC controller can't do Enhanced or High Speed (ELOR) networking. Neither can the adaptor, and it doesn't matter. You do not need to put motion effects on those AC channels, just sequence them like you always have.

Somewhere in your grid you have a motion row for your AC props with a motion effect in it. Just delete the motion effect or the motion row and the warning will go away.

Motion rows are the ones with a delta symbol next to them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vipzach said:

Not sure what ELOR is either.

ELOR is short for Enhanced Light-O-Rama network.  Using an ELOR network is required if you are using Motion Effects on controllers on LOR networking.  This has nothing to do with DMX or E1.31.  Older LOR controllers can't operate with Enhanced Networking.

Thank you both. I am not sure I can delete the motion effect rows that were created. I am using Superstar Instant sequence to create the sequence and I was doing it on the entire display. Unless I am mistaken, the Superstar has to have the motion effect rows. 

I looked up the specs on my LOR board and it is not capable ELOR. 

Looks like I have 3 motion effect rows on the AC controller, Roof line, garage and driveway, yard lights. Can I delete those without messing up Superstar?

image.png.ed9201cb6937104f9b672b715fe29637.png

It sounds like your only solution is to replace the decade old LOR controller with a newer on (must be a Gen 3) controller.

3 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

It sounds like your only solution is to replace the decade old LOR controller with a newer on (must be a Gen 3) controller.

Not what I was hoping to hear. I have already spent a chunk of pennies on new RGB lights, controllers and software.

This AC board and my DC board have both been very reliable. Guess I need to quickly decide if I want to go all RGB or buy another AC controller and keep some regular lights in the display.

I don't use Superstar, so take this with a grain of salt. I would think you could remove the motion row, then do your superstar thing, without it. Then sequence your AC props old school.

You might have to remove the AC props from the Entire House group. I have old controllers on an old network alongside my E1.31 stuff, and I have seen that message when I tried to apply a motion effect to my LOR floods. I removed the floods motion row from my whole house group and never saw it again. Back up everything if you try to do this.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This happened to me. I checked all my Preview settings and found one of my "bushes" had changed to the aux instead of regular. When I fixed that, the error went away.

• This topic was locked, unlocked and locked