Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie just got delivery

Nickw

Hi all

Just had delivery of showtime central with 64 channels (for later use), can be modified, singing trees, 2 cosmic ribbons (for arches), pixel mega tree and 500 bullet LED pixels.

Also had 16 ch pixie and 8 ch pixie

Now I am ok with the main controller, I understand that. But what I dont understand is:

1) In the LOR software, can you upload a pic of house, put sequences on so you can see what they look like?
2) The LOR main controller are set to 1-4, thats fine.

3) The pixel tree and its controller, is that its own controller, so say number 5? Or is that coming off one of the channels of the LOR main controller (say controller number 1, channel number 4)

4) The same with bullet pixels. I have a 16 ch pixie, but is that its own controller in its own right?

5) Finally, the LED ribbons have a small controller. I assume that would come off the LOR main controller?

If you could reply in simple english I would appreciate it!

Baby steps to understanding.

Thanks

Nick

1- I’m on my cell so can’t see your software version- S4 or S5.

Whatever version you will need “Pro” to control those pixel controllers.

You will also need several red adapters. Best to just buy red in the beginning since they are backwards compatible. 

I do not use S5 but in S4 there is a visualizer that you can add your house pic and lights.

2 &3 - the pixel tree will eat us 16 unit IDs.

5, 6,7,8,9,0A, OB,OC, OD, OE, OF, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

You will need a red HS adapter for the tree and more than likely a new network

4- the pixie16 with nodes will use 16 more unit IDs just like mentioned in question 2&3 - if nothing changes you would assign that controller unit ID 15.

However they will start with the next available- if you add the device correctly it will Automatiavly load the unit IDs.

You can probably add the small controller which sounds like a pixie2 to your regular network with your normal controllers. You would need to adjust your previous unit IDs or asighn it a starting unit ID higher than

the last pixie16 leaves off.

If you go to the General Hardware section of the forums you will see my sticky writeup on pixie configuration.

There is a video it will help you set everything up.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1

With the Basic license in your profile you're not going to be controlling much and definitely not any of the Pixie's. Better go back to the store and upgrade to Pro before you do anything else.

You can only control 2 controllers with a BASIC license and you are way above that number now.  You definitely need a PRO license BEFORE you even start trying to set all your controllers up, as, again, your current license DOES NOT support all those controllers you've acquired, especially since some of them use multiple ID ##'s!

The Pixel Tree and its controller are a separate set-up.   NONE of the RGB items can be run from ANY of the CTB16PC type controllers, you have to have correct type of RGB controllers to control the type of RGB {Dumb or Smart} lights you have.

All the RGB Controllers are their own controllers and would be given different unit ID ##'s, and some of the RGB Controllers use multiple ID ##'s.   Like your Pixel Singing Tree could or would be Unit #05, the next unit would be 06, 07,.... 09 and so on..  However, the next unit after 09 IS NOT 10, it is OA, as LOR uses Hexadecimal for numbering controllers {NOT their channels, they are usually always in decimal.}