Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencer Not Recognizing Controller

NewToThis

Hello! I am new to this level of Christmas decorations. I have purchased some controllers, and have been able to get some working, so I am learning. I am having an issue with the purchased RTG Sequences recognizing the dumb floods and dumb ribbons. I have set the id's using the Hardware Console to the id numbers in the sequencers. They test fine using the Hardware controller,but they are not being recognized by the sequencer. Any idea of what I am doing wrong? 

9 minutes ago, NewToThis said:

Hello! I am new to this level of Christmas decorations. I have purchased some controllers, and have been able to get some working, so I am learning. I am having an issue with the purchased RTG Sequences recognizing the dumb floods and dumb ribbons. I have set the id's using the Hardware Console to the id numbers in the sequencers. They test fine using the Hardware controller,but they are not being recognized by the sequencer. Any idea of what I am doing wrong? 

By dumb controller I take it you are talking CMB24D? The CMB24D has its ID set with the dip switches on the controller and NOT the HU.

Edited by Mr. P
  • Like 1

Thank you for responding. Yes, it is a CMB24D. I did set the Unit ID with the dip switches and it is recognized by the HU. My issue is the sequencer will not "discover" the contoller, nor will it discover the 50W floods that I have daisy chained. I ran the verifier and it states the channels are missing settings. 

Do I need to make adjustments to the channels in the Sequencer?

Thank you again!

The channel assignments in S5 are handled by the Preview It won't show up in Sequencer until you have created the prop for the floods in Preview.

Either you haven't done that yet or you have the ID's wrong.

Thank you! I thought this may be the issue and I will continue to try to create the props. I have found this to be a bit challenging but will continue to work with it. I have not been able to find many tutorials for this topic. 

So the process is: 

1) set the controller ID

2) open sequencer

3) create prop in preview

Any other suggestions? Seems too simple.

Joe

1 minute ago, NewToThis said:

Found the problem. The sequencer will not operate the lights when the HU is open. Works now. 

That is correct, only one program can use the comm port at a time.