Light-O-Rama Forums

New RGB flood

Bobothegreat

I just received my 10 W RGB flood from LOR and i cannot seem to get it to work at all. I tested the controller before hand and it works but i cant get the flood to do anything.

Is there a different setting for the floods?

The 10w floods are dumb RGB so they must be connected to a CMB24D or equivalent dumb controller. The CMB24D unit ID must be set with the dip switches on the controller and not the HU. Then when the controller is set you must configure the RGB channels.

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

The 10w floods are dumb RGB so they must be connected to a CMB24D or equivalent dumb controller. The CMB24D unit ID must be set with the dip switches on the controller and not the HU. Then when the controller is set you must configure the RGB channels.

I did that but light still hasn’t come on at all

3 minutes ago, Bobothegreat said:

I did that but light still hasn’t come on at all

Have you tested the flood in the HU and it works? If so then it will be a channel config issue in S5 preview so someone else will need to chime in as I am using S4.

How did you test the CMB24D controller? You state you tested before connecting the 10W flood.

To test the controller properly you must have a light connected to it.

JR

59 minutes ago, Bobothegreat said:

I had tested it with RGB strips 

It’s a dumb controller and may/ shouldn’t work with RGB.

Mine didn’t when I had it so I gave it away.

Unless you had dumb strips.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

A 10W flood IS Dumb JR. It has 4 wires (only)

I tested mine with a small (from a UPS/alarm sys) 12V battery .  + to the plus lead, any of the R G or B to the minus.  That color should light.

Bob Is the pigtail w/p connector fully seated?   Did you get the color code (on the pigtail silver label) on the pigtail to the CMB24 correct. If the + is not in the correct place, no colors work. (I have missed that terminal while working in the WP case 😳 ).

And the last: I made some extra Pigtails from LOR 10W extensions. THE COLOR CODE was not the same (the cable does not care and was unlabeled)

11 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

A 10W flood IS Dumb JR. It has 4 wires (only)

I tested mine with a small (from a UPS/alarm sys) 12V battery .  + to the plus lead, any of the R G or B to the minus.  That color should light.

Bob Is the pigtail w/p connector fully seated?   Did you get the color code (on the pigtail silver label) on the pigtail to the CMB24 correct. If the + is not in the correct place, no colors work. (I have missed that terminal while working in the WP case 😳 ).

And the last: I made some extra Pigtails from LOR 10W extensions. THE COLOR CODE was not the same (the cable does not care and was unlabeled)

I know that the 10w flood is dumb.

Bur if he tested the controller without the flood connected all sorts of problems as you noted.

JR

12 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

A nine volt battery will work too, and is readily available.

1 hour ago, PhilMassey said:

A nine volt battery will work too, and is readily available.

I had lots of old, too weak for the use, UPS batteries :)

I use a simple 9-12V wall wort on the bench (Got lots of those left over from obsolete devices, also)

ok so i was able to play with it some more today and was able to get it to work in the HU. However if i play an actual sequence it will not come on.

1 hour ago, Bobothegreat said:

ok so i was able to play with it some more today and was able to get it to work in the HU. However if i play an actual sequence it will not come on.

(sorry if this is a basic question. I assume nothing :) )

Is this a new sequence? or is this a new light (channel) added to the sequence?

In SE, right click on the lights (RGB) channel and be sure  BOTH the network and board ID and Port #'s  (and they are the 3 sequential ones) are correct (been there: messed them up when doing changes )

1 hour ago, Bobothegreat said:

It will be your network.

You need to set that up and “add device” in the sequence.

Dont try to just add channels, that normally screws new users up.

HU means nothing to play sequences, only used as a back door for testing. The best option is to always test on an actual sequence after setting it up in HU

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Couple more questions, Are you playing the sequence through the SE or through a show?  If through the SE, do you have the "Control Lights" button checked?  Sounds basic and dumb, but messes up more people than you think, present company included.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. i finally was able to figure out why the flood light was not working. i have been adding the cmb24d controller wrong into my sequences. 

Bobothegreat can you share how you correctly added the cmb24d controller into your sequence? I have the same issue. The other lights in the sequence fire when I click Control Lights however my RGB floods (from LOR) do not activate. I even updated the unit ID # to match the switch. Thx in advance! 

All. I found the issue. It was the wrong unit #. My RGB Flood controller had the "6" switched on. Instead of the unit # 6, it's actually unit #8.