Light-O-Rama Forums

Show player error 10054 (songs work in sequencer)

jkroha

I am getting a error when trying to run a show on a schedule...  the com listener shows show player error 10054, the control panel shows each song load then go to "Scheduled play is off" then immediately reset and restarts the schedule and trys the next song, until the monitor crashes.  Same PC, updated to the newer 5.3.8 from a early 5 I used last year, same songs, same show, no clue but dead in the in water.  Restored PC to what it was a month ago, uninstalled LOR and reinstalled, no luck.  

Songs play fine in sequencer, its why I did not notice a problem until tonight when I advertised the show would start... dolt....

image.png

Does anyone know why? I updated to latest version and I can't convert files to "PLAY" files?

When I run scheduler it tries to convert them in C:\Users\DeadeyeNY\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\2019\Halloween and crashes.

Do we still have to convert these files to PLAY files and if so where is it?

This is what I did folks. I downgraded my software and created the play files...and it doesn't crash. Since we are not hearing anything from LOR, I figured I would just throw it out there.

Same here with ver 5.3.8. I downgraded to 5.1.0 and was able to create playback files. Loaded a new show and works fine. Will wait until a fix is done before anymore upgrades.

I have filed a help desk ticket and they are working on it. In the meantime I have downgraded to v5.2.4 which is the last version you had to create playback files and everything works. Except editing sequences created in v5.3.8. Therefore I had to edit some sequences from last year and add my new props and reprogram those into last season sequence. As soon as I hear of a fix I'll let you know.

I had the same issue. I was using 5.3.6 and upgraded to 5.3.8 and still had the same issue. I downgraded to 5.2.4 and was able to get my show scheduled.

They are going to be having a fix for this in the next release. It seems to be related to Windows 7. Is everyone else having this issue using Windows 7?

The issue is Windows 7 Windows Media Player and/or Win 7 itself.  From what I could gather from Matt's description of the issue, both Windows Media Player and S5 want to use two different DLLs that just happen to have the same name.  The problem is these are actually two very different libraries (IE:  That other guy you know named Mike is not this Mike :P)

That should not be a problem (and isn't in any other version of Windows and or media player or whatever goofy combination this is caused by) since they are in different locations.  When a program needs a DLL, usually Windows will search the registry first for DLLs that have been registered.  This uniquely identifies them system wide.  If they can't be found in the registry, Windows will next look in the folder the program is executing from, again which should be unique (this Mike and that Mike can't be in the same exact space at once).

In every other version of  Windows:  Windows Media Player needs ITS DLL.  Windows is returning to it the correct location of its DLL - either because it is registered, or it's in the same folder as Media Player/etc.  

In Windows 7:  Windows is returning the location of OUR DLL to Windows Media Player, not the one it should be.  WMP then goes to use something in the DLL and ITS NOT THERE (because it's the wrong one).   Bad thigns happen.

In this case the 10054 error you are seeing is probably caused by this issue, but not directly.  When WMP can't find the routine in the DLL it wants, it panics, barfs up errors and then crashes.  When we catch that crash, we panic, barf, and attempt to recover by restarting the show player process.  When we do that, all the previous connections become invalid and have to restart - you then see that 10054.