Light-O-Rama Forums

Newly purchased CCR II 16 Ribbon Tree - Pixcon16 Controller

Paul Masterson

HI

I may have gone in over my head here so any help is greatly appreciated. I recently purchased the 16 Ribbon Tree - Pixcon16 Controller and I believe I made it through the initial setup via the Network Configuration. My only question here is:

- Board setup: I selected WS2811/12 (from the sticker on the box with the ribbons in it) along with selecting High Speed
- Port unit ID:I want the control to start at 40.It asks for the number of pixels per port. I see on the label that this is a 150 LED strip. I assume I put 150 here?
trans_1x1.gif

Once I have this, well, now I'm stuck. I went to work in SuperStar (60 CCR license), I think I change the layout to CCR MODE = 16. For the Configuration, I am at a loss again as I do not have a star (deselected), it is on a LOR network, I believe the first unit ID is 40 (as configured above), but now I only see options for 50 and 100 pixels. The WS2811 says it is a RGB strip - 150 LEDs. Then there is the network section, I am on the standard network , I still start with 40, I'm not sure what my last controller is though, is it 4F?

I'm sure once I get into Sequence Editor, the questions are on again (like how to simply add this to existing layouts without needing to code each newly added RGB channel)

I apologize in advance for the extremely newbie questions. Thanks in advance to those who can help....

9 minutes ago, Paul Masterson said:

I see on the label that this is a 150 LED strip. I assume I put 150 here?
trans_1x1.gif

You would choose 50. 150 led's are 50 pixels as each pixel has 3 led's, one red, one green and one blue.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Paul Masterson said:

HI

I may have gone in over my head here so any help is greatly appreciated. I recently purchased the 16 Ribbon Tree - Pixcon16 Controller and I believe I made it through the initial setup via the Network Configuration. My only question here is:

- Board setup: I selected WS2811/12 (from the sticker on the box with the ribbons in it) along with selecting High Speed
- Port unit ID:I want the control to start at 40.It asks for the number of pixels per port. I see on the label that this is a 150 LED strip. I assume I put 150 here?
trans_1x1.gif

Once I have this, well, now I'm stuck. I went to work in SuperStar (60 CCR license), I think I change the layout to CCR MODE = 16. For the Configuration, I am at a loss again as I do not have a star (deselected), it is on a LOR network, I believe the first unit ID is 40 (as configured above), but now I only see options for 50 and 100 pixels. The WS2811 says it is a RGB strip - 150 LEDs. Then there is the network section, I am on the standard network , I still start with 40, I'm not sure what my last controller is though, is it 4F?

I'm sure once I get into Sequence Editor, the questions are on again (like how to simply add this to existing layouts without needing to code each newly added RGB channel)

I apologize in advance for the extremely newbie questions. Thanks in advance to those who can help....

To add a controller the easy way in S4

Open SE

Open your channel config (hopefully you have one) if not open up a sequence.

Wherever you want to add the Pixcon put your mouse on the existing controller

Right click

"Add device"

Above or below

Then on the next screen ypu can give the device a name (if ccr tree then you can simply name it ccr tree)

Now to make it easy ensure to "group" your channels

Select the pixcon16 in the drop down

Select # of pixels 

Select Network

Select first unit ID

add - you are done.

If you are not adding anything else - save

After saving

Edit

export channel config

Save to location

That would be your Channel Config. you can name it Halloween 2019 Channel Config- or whatever you want but the year and holiday is what I use.

In SS the max pixels you will see is 100. I believe unless its changed. Its been a while since I sequenced my ccr tree.

I don't have a pixcon16 so I am not sure of the network speed.

JR

• Thanks 1

Thank you both, this was perfect and got me right through to the programming part. Oh boy, now I have my work cut out for me :)