Light-O-Rama Forums

trouble putting sequences onto sd card

Patio13531

Any ideas whats going wrong? It starts and then stops abruptly. I am using thw sd card they sent me so not sure whats happening. Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Patio13531 said:

Any ideas whats going wrong? It starts and then stops abruptly. I am using thw sd card they sent me so not sure whats happening. Thanks in advance.

More in depth information would be great for others to help you.

What are you attempting to do?

JR

I'm trying to build a show for a remote director. I am using the HUB program and just trying to make a simple show. But every time that I click on the creat show the the SD card I get the error " There was a problem writting show to SD card" I don't know why. I have tried diffrent cards, tried to reformat the SD card, tried to use the USB sleve to insert the card into the jack. They all give me the same error. It only installs the S1CONFIG file then stops. The only thing in the file is lorsbf savefileversion=2 cardID then some blank file paths then lorsbf. Basically it seems that the program does not even find file name???? What am I doing wrong? I've even uninstalled and re-installed the programs. I don't know do I need to convert the files or what? 

Thank you for your time in advance. 

4 hours ago, Patio13531 said:

I'm trying to build a show for a remote director. I am using the HUB program and just trying to make a simple show. But every time that I click on the creat show the the SD card I get the error " There was a problem writting show to SD card" I don't know why. I have tried diffrent cards, tried to reformat the SD card, tried to use the USB sleve to insert the card into the jack. They all give me the same error. It only installs the S1CONFIG file then stops. The only thing in the file is lorsbf savefileversion=2 cardID then some blank file paths then lorsbf. Basically it seems that the program does not even find file name???? What am I doing wrong? I've even uninstalled and re-installed the programs. I don't know do I need to convert the files or what? 

I haven’t used the HUB however do you still have access to the Hardware Utility?

If so you can create your show their under the MP3 tab. That is the easiest way to create a show on an SD card (or it used to be)

Try that if you can. 

JR

1- open HU

2- select when show plays (plays anytime  powered)

3- select how show plays - loop continuously

4-  add sequences (right side of the screen)

5- create show

There May be questions after those but I can’t recall.

JR

The one thing I do know about S5, is that the sequences are NOT the same as earlier versions of the software when creating a show, they do have to be converted to what S5 understands, it has to be a playlist of some kind, as far as memory serves.   So this might be the issue with the SD Card not accepting all the files when trying to write the show to the card.   Wish I could be of more help, but I don't use S5, tried it, just don't like it.  So I'm staying with the latest and possibly the last version of S4S5 has just become to complicated for my liking.

And I don't know about the HU in S5, but do recall seeing the the HUB would be replacing the MP3 tab in the HU, so that MP3 tab may be gone in the S5 HU by now.   Anyone that uses S5 know if the MP3 tab is still available in the S5 HU?

Edited by Orville

3 hours ago, Orville said:

The one thing I do know about S5, is that the sequences are NOT the same as earlier versions of the software when creating a show, they do have to be converted to what S5 understands, it has to be a playlist of some kind, as far as memory serves.   So this might be the issue with the SD Card not accepting all the files when trying to write the show to the card.   Wish I could be of more help, but I don't use S5, tried it, just don't like it.  So I'm staying with the latest and possibly the last version of S4S5 has just become to complicated for my liking.

And I don't know about the HU in S5, but do recall seeing the the HUB would be replacing the MP3 tab in the HU, so that MP3 tab may be gone in the S5 HU by now.   Anyone that uses S5 know if the MP3 tab is still available in the S5 HU?

Amen!

JR

• 1 month later...

I’m a newbie trying to write a sequence that works from the computer but fails to work from SD card. I have tried 4 different cards  from 3 different manufacturers including one Kingston but they vary in size from 16 gb to 64 gb. I get “error” after “init”. I did get one to say “wait” after the “init”. I have tried to reformat and reload but get a message that says program 1 is already loaded, even after formatting. I don’t know what to try different.

1 hour ago, DHarrison said:

I’m a newbie trying to write a sequence that works from the computer but fails to work from SD card. I have tried 4 different cards  from 3 different manufacturers including one Kingston but they vary in size from 16 gb to 64 gb. I get “error” after “init”. I did get one to say “wait” after the “init”. I have tried to reformat and reload but get a message that says program 1 is already loaded, even after formatting. I don’t know what to try different.

Can you build it with Hardware Utility in S5? Open HU and MP3 tab. Fill out the left side, add your sequences on the right and then follow the prompts,

See if that works.

JR

On 10/1/2019 at 7:27 AM, dibblejr said:

Amen!

JR

I’m using S5 and it does not allow HU and mp3 tab, it says all sd cards are created using HUD wHich is what I did. 

one thing to check although other things you did should have shown it.  The SD cars may have a lock function.   I only bring this up because when I accidently locked my card, that was the symptom that I had.    

On 9/30/2019 at 6:03 PM, Patio13531 said:

Are you trying to use a G3 (2 port) or a N4-MP3  (4 port) director?  In Hub, can you list each of the steps and the values you are entering?  Make sure you are in the "Manage/Create Shows" tab and you want to select "Create New SD Card Show".  If you are going to use a metal cased director,  you want the second option.  If my assumptions are correct, and you now have the Select SD Card Drive window, does it list the drive that your SD card is loaded into.  Next are you finding the sequence on the left side of the next window and does it move to the right after selecting it and clicking on the green plus (+).  If you don't find it, you are probably displaying the wrong drive and you will have to 'Change Directory'.  I find that starting out, I choose the first option This show palys ... "Whenever the show director has power."  You can always reset it to play specific times/days later after you get things working correctly.

Even if your only have one network, I find selecting the Advanced option gives me more control over things. I select 'Next>>' twice and then select the number of ports you will be using.  The Step 4 window is the one that has given me the most problems this season, but I am running 3 ports enhanced.

If you have gotten to this point, there are a couple pieces of information that is critical.  What types of controllers are you using and what is their firmware versions?  Are you using more than one network, what is on each?  This will help indicating what Protocol and Speed you need to select.

On a side note, I had 2 USB to SD card adapters and both of them started flaking out on me.  I had to go to Walmart at 11pm, and purchased one of their $12 ones and so far, have not had any problems with multiple SD cards of several brands.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 5:02 AM, Orville said:

Wondering if there was ever any solution to the problem as I'm having to a T the exact same problem.

MY SHOW IS DONE!!!! I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE DANG THING!!!!!!!!!  Anyone have any help?  

SD card is not locked, created all the shows for this year in S5...  

Edited by SoonerBorn

2 minutes ago, SoonerBorn said:

Wondering if there was ever any solution to the problem as I'm having to a T the exact same problem.

MY SHOW IS DONE!!!! I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE DANG THING!!!!!!!!!  Anyone have any help?  

Have you tried the "HUB"?

I never had problems with my remote sign controlled by an old mini director. Last week I had a problem for several hours and tried the HUB. It asked me if I had the black box, I answered yes and my show was on my card in 10 seconds.

JR

28 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Have you tried the "HUB"?

I never had problems with my remote sign controlled by an old mini director. Last week I had a problem for several hours and tried the HUB. It asked me if I had the black box, I answered yes and my show was on my card in 10 seconds.

JR

Yeah thats what is weird about it I have the GEN 3 mini director and thats what I choose when given the option.  I get to the part where It says its copying the show to the SD card this may take a moment.  After I click the go ahead button the download stops half way and says there was a problem.  Added a pic below

TROUBLESHOOT.jpg

Not knowing S5 settings and creating shows I cant help with that.

You may be able to create it in HU.

Open HU

Click the MP3 tab

Fill out selections on left side of screen

Add sequences to the right side box

Click create show and answer the questions as they appear. Be sure to read them well before moving on. 

Maybe that will work but no promises.

JR

I periodically have issues writing to the SD card - it seems to get confused.   What I suggest is to format the SD card first (a quick format is fine).   Then write your show as you did above.   It should work.  

You can also make a backup of the show by copying the contents from thew card to a folder on your hard drive (2019 show).   That way if you want to update it later and run into other problems, you can get back to the state it was in.  

I run into this a lot when trying to update the show on the card (it seems more LOR related although it could be issues when removing the card so be sure to eject it after writing).

As Texas Lights eluded, try accessing the SD card from Explorer. Try coping any file to it. Delete it. Did you have any problems?  If so, could be the card or the reader.

I had problems this year and found that it was caused by the USB device that I was plugging the SD card into.  In fact, I had 2 of the devices go bad.  Got an 'el-cheepo' from WallyWorld and have not had any other problems this year.

On 9/30/2019 at 6:03 PM, Patio13531 said:

Newbie here... but try using the "lor sequence verifier" against your sequence(s). When I ran it itshowed that a mp3 path was in an older folder that did not contain the file any longer. In short it produces a log that may be helpful. 

Good luck!

• The topic was locked