Light-O-Rama Forums

CCC II - Add New Device to SE (need help)

gorichgo

Hello,

i just purchased CCC-II (pixels) and i'm trying to add the device to SE but it only gives me the option to add the CCD with 50 pixels per string.  How do i add CCC-II with 2 strings of 100 pixels?

4 hours ago, gorichgo said:

Hello,

i just purchased CCC-II (pixels) and i'm trying to add the device to SE but it only gives me the option to add the CCD with 50 pixels per string.  How do i add CCC-II with 2 strings of 100 pixels?

You would be adding a Pixie 2 device. open an existing sequences and right click on the very bottom on the last channel, click "Insert Device" then "Insert Device Below" A pop up box opens and in the device drop down choose Pixie 2/4/8/16. You will then choose the settings.

4 hours ago, gorichgo said:

Will port 2 have a different unit id than port 1?

Yes, you will assign the ID for the first port and the software assigns the second port automatically. So if you assign ID 1 to the first port the software will automatically assign ID 2 to the second port. Keep in mind that if you have a second gen board then it will have dip switches for setting the Unit ID and you will need to turn all of those off to set the ID in the HU.

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2019 at 2:39 AM, Mr. P said:

Yes, you will assign the ID for the first port and the software assigns the second port automatically. So if you assign ID 1 to the first port the software will automatically assign ID 2 to the second port. Keep in mind that if you have a second gen board then it will have dip switches for setting the Unit ID and you will need to turn all of those off to set the ID in the HU.

Ok, I'm having troubles.  Looks like it's work on unit 1 but not on unit 4 that i thought i changes it to.  I have version 3.  Where do i go to change the dip switches to off?  i can't find it in HU.  Thanks for the help in advance

unplug the unit, open it up, it's next to where you plug in the cat5.  should be 8 of them in a line.  use a light to look closer, it's labeled.   hope that helps

6 minutes ago, Crimson Lane Lights Etown said:

unplug the unit, open it up, it's next to where you plug in the cat5.  should be 8 of them in a line.  use a light to look closer, it's labeled.   hope that helps

Yahoo!!!  It works.  Thank you

• Like 1

• The topic was locked