Light-O-Rama Forums

Atlanta area Craigslist

Mr. P

If there is anyone in the Atlanta area there is someone on Craigslist selling four CTB16PC controllers for $25 each. They didn't list the generation but at $25 each they are still a steal.

54 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

If there is anyone in the Atlanta area there is someone on Craigslist selling four CTB16PC controllers for $25 each. They didn't list the generation but at $25 each they are still a steal.

Being that cheap I'd say they are:

#1. Stolen

#2. Broken and have some major issues

#3. A Combination of both #1 and #2.

#4, They have no idea what they are and found them when they moved into the house left by a previous owner, or some relative died and they inherited them.  {Although I think this last one, #4 is fairly unlikely!}

I'd be very leary of controllers being sold for that cheap a price by anyone!

Just my .05¢ on those controllers.

• Like 1

I doubt they are stolen or anything. It looks like someone getting out of the hobby as they have crates full of extension cords and lights they are selling also.

27 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I doubt they are stolen or anything. It looks like someone getting out of the hobby as they have crates full of extension cords and lights they are selling also.

If you'd have stated the added info, that would have been an entirely different reply I posted.   But just seeing only controllers for that low a price, well, that just made me suspicious of them being legally owned.   I've gotten burned by "good deals" like that too many times, sO I'm always suspicious when prices seem a bit unreal..

• Like 1

I go with #4. I am 1.5 hours north of them.

I go to dead people's auctions every Friday night.

People move here and die. The family comes in, usually from FL, picks through the house for what they think is the good stuff and the rest goes to the auction. 

When I die, the person I willed all of my stuff to, from FL,  will not have any clue what a controller box is or what to do with fifty of them.

I think it will be completely overwhelming when they go under the house and see all of the totes full of Christmas crap.

I will be dead, so I don't care if they give them away or sell them for 25.00.

• Like 1

Since the advertiser of the controllers is not replying to emails it would be very difficult to go by and perhaps purchase them.

• The topic was locked