Light-O-Rama Forums

will not open

jerry72

I have tried several times to get Visualizer to open but it wont respond. No issues with SE or SS. any ideas? Just had it working a week ago.

17 minutes ago, jerry72 said:

I have tried several times to get Visualizer to open but it wont respond. No issues with SE or SS. any ideas? Just had it working a week ago.

No problems with 4.3.18 or .34 here

Did you accidentally turn off "Use LOR Vis" in the LOR control panel? 

JR

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

No problems with 4.3.18 or .34 here

Did you accidentally turn off "Use LOR Vis" in the LOR control panel? 

JR

NO i cant get it to open at all. will not load.

Tried a reboot?.

See if an uninstall and reinstall helps.

Any changes, windows upgrades, graphics drivers, etc.

Try updating graphics drivers.

1 minute ago, PhilMassey said:

Tried a reboot?.

See if an uninstall and reinstall helps.

Any changes, windows upgrades, graphics drivers, etc.

Try updating graphics drivers.

I tried the unistall, no changes to anything that i can think of. Not sure what the Visualizer runs off.

Check the open gl portion of the video drivers, probably just update the whole graphics driver set.

I don't remember where it is but a long timex ago Devmike posted a list of things to do if Visualizer was not working.

What is your Win 10 version. 1903 has been known to have caused a few headaches. Mine updated while I was on vacation, screwed up my network permissions

9 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Check the open gl portion of the video drivers, probably just update the whole graphics driver set.

I don't remember where it is but a long timex ago Devmike posted a list of things to do if Visualizer was not working.

What is your Win 10 version. 1903 has been known to have caused a few headaches. Mine updated while I was on vacation, screwed up my network permissions

I’m hoping my show computer is good. I turned it on for the first time in almost a year yesterday.

I thought I turned off auto update but there was over 100 updates pending. Of course they started auto so hope nothing changed.

Oh I hate the May everything is linked to an email account these days.

Lets go back to MSDOS or the 12” floppies.

JR

3 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

JR

How many of those do you think it  would take to hold S4, thirty, forty.........

14 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Yeah, i have 1903. drivers are all up to date as well. Vis doesn't use java right?

One more thought.

Do yo have a visualizer file that auto loads on startup. Could it be damaged, crashing the program. Move it where the visualizer can't find it .

Oh, and have you ever had more than one monitor attached to which the visualizer was assigned.

43 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I’m hoping my show computer is good. I turned it on for the first time in almost a year yesterday.

I thought I turned off auto update but there was over 100 updates pending. Of course they started auto so hope nothing changed.

Oh I hate the May everything is linked to an email account these days.

JR

12" floppies? I remember 8", Soft or hard sectored  (DEC and IBM) but NEVER with MS DOS Those were 360K single sided-Full height 5.25

2 hours ago, TheDucks said:

12" floppies? I remember 8", Soft or hard sectored  (DEC and IBM) but NEVER with MS DOS Those were 360K single sided-Full height 5.25

We had 12” floppies use along with the old Green Machines in the USMC.

They were basically indestructible. 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

2 hours ago, MichRX7 said:

What error message do you receive when you try and open Visualizer?

All I get is the small information screen that shows what version I have and me license number. And at the top it reads not responding.

18 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Tried a reboot?.

Yes! You must periodically restart pc. Not shut down - but restart. There is an internal clock that needs reset in visualizer....