Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem for a first timer

bcdmahn

I apologize but I initially posted this in the newbie section before seeing this forum. I went back 12 pages and tried all the fixes that came near to my problem with no avail.....

Any ideas? Original post in noob forum....

Hi all,

I have spent the past 3 hours trying to figure this out and am having no luck.

I just recently purchased a Showtime 16 Channel starter package w/ wireless pair.

Followed the step by step directions and had no issues at all.

Hardware Utility finds my controller and the test works fine. The sequences I have created are assigned to the controller so that base is covered. "Play Lights" is checked and under preferences the correct "COMM" is selected.

When I'm running the hardware utility I get the lil "ELL" logo saying I have a wireless connection and the LOR box is a steady RED while the light are flickering.

I attempt to run a sequence and I get a blinking RED.

I go back into the hardware utility and I have to start all over doing the "refresh" to find my controllers.

What's the lights off button for in the hardware utility? Am I missing one crucial step to make it light on or something?

Any ideas why the lights work fine in test mode but when I start any sequence to include the LOR sample and LOR Chase I get nutting?

Very frustrating to say the least:(

Thanks in advance.....I spent the past two week sequencing thinking I was good to go on the communication connection to find out Im dead in the water:(

Tom

bcdmahn@gci.net

bcdmahn wrote:

What's the lights off button for in the hardware utility? Am I missing one crucial step to make it light on or something?

Those buttons are so you can manually test the controller by turning lights on. off. fading, etc. Of course you need to have some lights plugged in.

It sounds like you have the wireless connection working of from your description.

As Dale mentions, check the channel configuration in your sequence. Make sure you are using the same controller number in the sequences that as the number assigned to your controller. If you didn't change the controller unit number from the factor default, then it is going to be unit 1.

bcdmahn wrote:

When I'm running the hardware utility I get the lil "ELL" logo saying I have a wireless connection and the LOR box is a steady RED while the light are flickering.

I attempt to run a sequence and I get a blinking RED.

Tom

bcdmahn@gci.net

Tom,

Does the LED on the LOR box "blink" after you have started the sequence editor and before you run the sequence? (I am assuming that you are attempting to run a sequence from there)
If so, go to "Edit > Preferences > Network Preferences" and check that the com port is assigned correctly. If not then correct it to reflect the Hardware Utility setting.

Good luck
Martin

Thanks for all the replies......

It seems that I did "something" because after I broke it all down and went with Cat 5 rather then the wireless it all ran smoothly. I reconnected the wireless pair and it worked fine that time around also *shrug*. I brought it back out to the garage where it wasnt initially working and it worked just fine with the wireless pair.

Needless to say I downloaded the Gremlins theme song and am working on sequencing it now.....

Thanks again for the replies. This is my first time with all of this and its a tad overwhelming considering I absolutely no musical talent.

Thanks!

Tom