Light-O-Rama Forums

NEED HELP

sysco

Trying to import sequences from a usb thumb drive onto a new computer.  These files are S3 files being transferred into S4, however when trying to open the files off the thumb drive in S4 they won't load...it says file extension not recognized.

Did i save the files wrong on my usb? Are these files compatiable with the S4?

How do I transfer my sequences from my old computer to my new one?

It's been a long time but I don't recall any issues with loading files created in S3 into S4. The file extension is .LMS for both versions. Make sure you are selecting the LMS file and not something else such as a .BAK.

Remember that by default, Windows Explorer will hide the extension of most file types.  That can make it far more confusing because you don't see the difference.

About the first thing I change with a new Windows installation.

And if you also have any animation files, there extension is .LAS.  I transferred all my S3 Files into S4 just by loading in the S3 .LMS or .LAS files, then saved them back out as S4 files. 

Just make sure your S3 and S4 Directory structures are identical, if not, you may have to search for the music file to add it back in and re-marry it to the newly created S4 file, but the SE will inform you if the music is missing.  

I moved a few music files around when I moved to S4, and had to search for the music files on a few sequences that I moved to S4.  It's not a big deal, but can be time consuming if you don't know where you put the music that was originally associated with the with the original S3 sequence.

And like Jim, first thing I do is make sure all extensions are visible, makes things a whole lot easier when importing older sequence files into a newer version of the LOR Suite.

Good Luck.

• The topic was locked