Light-O-Rama Forums

LED mini strobe string lights

bostonchris81

Hi guys/gals, I purchased 6 sets of Led strobe light strings and was wondering how everyone used them in their displays .I was thinking about adding them to my mini trees in my Xmas display , not sure for my Halloween display yet . Just looking for ideas and tips for using them . 

Thanks again 

15 minutes ago, bostonchris81 said:

Hi guys/gals, I purchased 6 sets of Led strobe light strings and was wondering how everyone used them in their displays .I was thinking about adding them to my mini trees in my Xmas display , not sure for my Halloween display yet . Just looking for ideas and tips for using them . 

Thanks again 

IMHO You need a Gen3 AC controller, then use the HU to set the strobes dedicated channel  dimming curve setting to no dim (sorry no controller available  to get the exact wording from HU)

Dimming some types devices can let the magic smoke out :(  I know my mini strobes did not even like 98% brightness I had the channel configed for(they did survive)

As to use. Best effect if it goes mostly (all) dark) when they fire off 😈

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wrapped my house in them.  At 5:36 you can see them, and at the end of each song pretty much.  At 20:00 my static display cycles through each color with them on.  It's hard to see the video, but in person, they stand out pretty cool.  Thinking of adding to the big tree in the front yard this year with the drip lights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MROSlGSVTFE