Jump to content

Multiple Sounds Channels?


Specter
 Share

Recommended Posts

I want to control multiple props at the same time using LOR. Each prop will have it's own sound file and set of speakers associated with it.

How can I use LOR to control the props/lights AND completely different sound files/sound output speakers at the same time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not aware of a way to directly do this via LOR.

It could be "faked out" by using multiple digital playback devices containing each prop's audio, such that when LOR triggers the prop, the independent audio device gets triggerd as well and outputs audio to the local set of speakers. There's lots of info on this type of setup on the halloween haunt websites (e.g. Scary Terry's)

-Tim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It might be the best way to go with it all. So what, you think a hacked MP3 player or something- and then have LOR trigger it with a signal or whatever?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

azspecter wrote:

I want to control multiple props at the same time using LOR. Each prop will have it's own sound file and set of speakers associated with it.

How can I use LOR to control the props/lights AND completely different sound files/sound output speakers at the same time?


You can use multiple Mini Directors (one per prop) - this is how LOR does their booth.

Harrison
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hbomb341 wrote:

azspecter wrote:
I want to control multiple props at the same time using LOR. Each prop will have it's own sound file and set of speakers associated with it.

How can I use LOR to control the props/lights AND completely different sound files/sound output speakers at the same time?


You can use multiple Mini Directors (one per prop) - this is how LOR does their booth.

Harrison

Just a note you also will need a controller per thing - think of each prop as it own LOR network. You could trigger multiple by using one LOR network to trigger the next director.

Harrison
Link to comment
Share on other sites

azspecter wrote:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It might be the best way to go with it all. So what, you think a hacked MP3 player or something- and then have LOR trigger it with a signal or whatever?



That would work... Or here's a Halloween-type product family that is basically designed for what you're doing:

http://www.cowlacious.com/AudioProd.htm

Or as Harrison mentioned, you could use mini-directors, but that's quite a bit more cash. But that would have the advantage of consolidating your sequencing and audio in one unit.

-Tim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...