Light-O-Rama Forums

Getting Error Message OpenGL video driver

Bush

New here and just downloaded the newest Basic software.  Just trying to get started.  I have updated an older computer (2011-ish) to windows 10 and when I open the sequencer I get this warning message.   Can anyone help?

Also, when the program does open and I click to create new Musical Sequence, I can pick a song and when I hit create, the program crashes.  I'm lost.  

Any help would be awesome!

Thank you

Need to upgrade graphics drivers, you need OpenGL 1.5 or higher for LOR. Being that you installed on an older computer the drivers are probably outdated.

I JUST posted about this the other day. I had the exact same issue.  The openGL drivers on the motherboard are proprietary to the computer's  manufacturer. Frist try your manufacturer's website. You can also try to do it through Device Manager if you know how to that to update the display driver. Other than that, yes, add a new video card that supports the higher version of OpenGL It will likely be easier to upgrade the driver (OpenGL) for that card in future, too. I happen to have a MicroCenter close enough that I ran there and picked up a basic video card for a little over $40. You can also try BB, or other big box stores, but I know BB doesn't carry as many computer peripherals as as they used to.

Good luck!

Depending on the manufacturer you may not be able to update. After some components get to old the manufacturers will just stop updating and you will be forced to get a new component or computer. If the computer is a laptop you may not be able to add a graphics card unless it is a gaming laptop as most laptops have the graphics on the MB.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thanks to all who have posted on this topic.  I ran the Intel Driver & Support Assistant and was told that my computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.  New Graphics card coming Sunday.