Light-O-Rama Forums

Purchase sequence for Pixie 16 controller

MikeA

I asked holiday Coro about purchasing their 16 strand mega tree sequences and I was told they won;t work with the Pixie 16 controller.

http://store.lightorama.com/16ritrpico.html

Where is a good place to purchase sequences that I can merge with my existing LOR sequences?

Thank you for the help.

13 minutes ago, MikeA said:

I asked holiday Coro about purchasing their 16 strand mega tree sequences and I was told they won;t work with the Pixie 16 controller.

http://store.lightorama.com/16ritrpico.html

Where is a good place to purchase sequences that I can merge with my existing LOR sequences?

Thank you for the help.

First if your profile is correct your software version will not recognize the pixie series controllers. You must have 4.10 or newer (the 4.10 could be wrong) its been a while. 4.18 or newer are safe bets. You also need PRO level, pixies run in the LOR Enhanced mode.

Second, I have never heard of that. Any 16 strand RGB sequence can be copy/ pasted into your SE software and will work. All you do is copy the RGB portion of the sequence.

Of course non RGB sequences will not work.

LOR, WOW, HC, HS and many others have them.

Also my friend JAmes Morris shares all of his for free. Just search the Sharing forum and ask him within the threads.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

15 hours ago, dibblejr said:

First if your profile is correct your software version will not recognize the pixie series controllers. You must have 4.10 or newer (the 4.10 could be wrong) its been a while. 4.18 or newer are safe bets. You also need PRO level, pixies run in the LOR Enhanced mode.

Second, I have never heard of that. Any 16 strand RGB sequence can be copy/ pasted into your SE software and will work. All you do is copy the RGB portion of the sequence.

Of course non RGB sequences will not work.

LOR, WOW, HC, HS and many others have them.

Also my friend JAmes Morris shares all of his for free. Just search the Sharing forum and ask him within the threads.

JR

I am upgrading to 4.4.4 PRO

Holiday coro directly told me their sequences would NOT work with that controller.

12 minutes ago, MikeA said:

I am upgrading to 4.4.4 PRO

Holiday coro directly told me their sequences would NOT work with that controller.

That's incorrect. As long as it is RGB it will work. Never ask a competitor about anothers product. Of course unless you have SS and willing to convert it, you have to purchase pixel tree for pixel tree or matrix for matrix. They can be converted for various strings and even tree to matrix in SS. It doesn't even matter if its DMX or not. It is still a copy and paste. Unless they are locked/ copy protected. 

A 16 string RGB mega tree is a 16 string RGB MT no matter how you slice  it.  Now if you are looking at Xlights that may be a different story. Same as other props. Perhaps they thought you was describing an AC controller. 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

If you need assistance trying to figure it out just ask me in PM. Provide a good number and time to call. Have the sequence (RGB sequence ready)

JR

Think about it, if you purchase a sequence from HC it will come in a .lms file. A .lms file is a LOR musical file so why wouldn't it work? The only bump in the road would be if you received a Superstar file and you don't have a SS license, the file would need to be converted/exported.

7 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Think about it, if you purchase a sequence from HC it will come in a .lms file. A .lms file is a LOR musical file so why wouldn't it work? The only bump in the road would be if you received a Superstar file and you don't have a SS license, the file would need to be converted/exported.

Their files are LMS.

I only purchased a couple from them a long time ago but they were both lms files.

HS, SS, WOW and LOR are the only ones I know that will provide (some with fee) a SS file. I am sure their are others but I either don’t recall or do not know of them.

If they wouldn’t work with LOR that would pretty much put the RGB sequence sellers out of business.

JR

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

If you need assistance trying to figure it out just ask me in PM. Provide a good number and time to call. Have the sequence (RGB sequence ready)

JR

Thank you for the offer.  I might take you up on it.   I did find a place that says they are compatible.

http://www.holidaysequences.com/

Edited by MikeA

36 minutes ago, MikeA said:

Thank you for the offer.  I might take you up on it.   I did find a place that says they are compatible.

http://www.holidaysequences.com/

Just an FYI, even an Xlights file can be converted to a .LMS file. So if you find a Xlights sequence don't be afraid to grab it.

Edited by Mr. P

• The topic was locked