Light-O-Rama Forums

View Selector Position in Multi-Monitor Situation - S5 v5.3.2 Pro

stuartpjr

After having attended many S5 related sessions (including the 2 day immersive session)  at Christmas Expo, we're now converting our sequences from S4.  We used a lot of Tracks in S4 so we're replacing them with Views in S5

Here's my Issue: I have my laptop and an additional monitor and I run the sequencer on the additional monitor.  I was experiencing a problem when I tried to drop the View Selector list, in that it was not showing.  I accidentally figured out that it was showing off the edge of my monitor where it was not visible.  If I drag it to my laptop monitor it works fine.  If I slide the sequencer screen to th e right, it show up but way out of position.  I've included two screen captures as follows: (1) Views_List - the list on the secondary monitor, and (2) Views_List_on_Laptop, the list where is belongs when sequencer is on my laptop monitor.

Surely, this is NOT a high priority issue, but it was very frustrating not to be able to see my views until I figured out the problem.

Views_List.PNG

Views_List_on_Laptop.PNG

I have been unable to reproduce your issue -- this is likely to be a Windows display driver issue. Try updating the display driver.

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-update-drivers-in-windows-10

If that doesn't work, please select Help > About from the Sequencer menu, click the "Copy to Clipboard" button, then paste the result into a reply. In your reply, also provide the resolution of your laptop display and your external display.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt,

Thank you for your quick response.  I checked drivers and windows said they were current.  My laptop resolution is 1920 x 1080 (Text size 125%), my external display is 2560 x 1080 (Text size 100%).

I though I'd go ahead and upgrade to the 5.3.4 version and see if that had any affect.  Since the upgrade, I no longer have a problem.  The menu opens properly on either monitor.  

From ABOUT

Light-O-Rama S5 Sequencer (32-bit), Version 5.3.4
Pro Edition
Copyright 2016-2019 Light-O-Rama, Inc.
Registered to: STUART PIERCE-JR

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
Intel® HD Graphics 530
OpenGL version: 4.4.0 - Build 20.19.15.4364