Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing Prop file? Using 5.3.2 Pro

bdwillie

After attempting a horrible snowman in visualizer, (so bad it could cause nightmares!), I found an "lff" file online and downloaded it.  I am attempting to swap out my horrendous frankensnow with the file I found, but find no way to import it while I have the prop selected.  Do I have to delete it and re-add it or is there a way to swap out the custom made for the lff file.  Thanks for any help or suggestions!   

Not sure what a lff file is. One way I have had alot of luck doing custom props is to find a clip art picture (just back and white outline) and in Preview Design, set that picture as the background, then following the contours add lights as needed. Rather than deleting what you have now, create a new prop, get it working, then send franensnow to the trash can.

Alan...

On 7/25/2019 at 12:07 AM, default said:

Not sure what a lff file is.

An lff file is a visualizer fixture file, or an importable prop.  I can import the lff snowman file and he makes a neat one,  just can't seem to find a way to change my already in place one with the importable one.  Neat idea with the clip art,  will have to look into that!  Thanks!

I am a little confused, your profile says 5.3.2 but you are talking about Visualizer, which is no longer used. Is it possible to import S4 Visualizer props into an S5 preview?

19 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

I am a little confused, your profile says 5.3.2 but you are talking about Visualizer, which is no longer used. Is it possible to import S4 Visualizer props into an S5 preview?

Sorry, My bad,  so used to saying visualizer....  In preview that is.  I can import the file as a new prop, so yes ya can, but I can't seem to be able to replace an already established prop with an imported one.