Light-O-Rama Forums

Custom model arrangement

ebrown1972

I have noticed that if I make a custom prop, S5 does not give me an option to select any kind of arrangement under group prop definition. I am curious as to why this is? I am sure there is a reason for this. Can someone please explain that for me? Thanks, Eric

In Preview, click on Add Item, tpo left,  and look at the second item in the drop down. I believe that's  what you are looking for.

3 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

In Preview, click on Add Item, tpo left,  and look at the second item in the drop down. I believe that's  what you are looking for.

Phil that is correct but you cannot change arrangement with a custom prop

Eric,

I'm not understanding the problem you are having.

I made a quick gif on how to make a Group and change the arrangement. This is on a very custom prop. Please watch and tell us at what point you are having an issue. Sometimes being able to see the process helps you explain it and us understand it. 😉

Alan...

group%20arrangements.gif

Edited by default
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, default said:

Eric,

I'm not understanding the problem you are having.

I made a quick gif on how to make a Group and change the arrangement. This is on a very custom prop. Please watch and tell us at what point you are having an issue. Sometimes being able to see the process helps you explain it and us understand it. 😉

Alan...

group%20arrangements.gif

Alan,

When importing an online prop such as a boscoyo singing face (singing bulb) I have no option of changing the arrangement after importing. If I import the online singing trees (LOR) it gives me that option. Give it a shot if you don't mind and you will see what I am talking about. Thanks, Eric

Eric,

I see now what you are refering to. I didn't know this was an imported prop from Boscoyo (Handy piece of info to have) 😉 Since they used a Custom Light Placement, thier strings of lights start at 1 and end at a number they chose to populate the lights on the prop. LOR on the other hand, chose to use either bulbs, strings, etc. which gives you the option to create Prop Members. (as shown above) If it were me I would just create a new prop using bulbs, strings like LOR does, that way groups and starting points are more suited to what you want and/or how you expect the prop to light.

It is not that hard to do, I can do a tutorial if it will help. What prop are you trying to create?

Alan...

Alan,

A tutorial would be great. I am wanting to make a boscoyo singing bulb. I tried my hand at it not long ago but the end result didn't turn out so well. Thanks for your help.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Eric, I haven't forgot this, I've been working on the pics. What kind of lights are going to light this smart or dumb rgb lights, or even tradional lights?

Alan...