Light-O-Rama Forums

Easiest Way to Sequence in S2?

Jacksback72

Hey guys,

I used the tapper wizard like most in LOR I and was able to sequence 128 channels in a reasonable amount of time.

My question: what is the easiest way to sequence in S2 - I haven't used it much as fear of errors or problems? LOR I was awesome with very minimal problems - I use the MP31602 controller to run my shows - awesome product!

Is it easy to use the visual portion of S2?

Thanks for your help,

Bill

You'll get 100 different answers here, but easiest for me is to start with a track without any timings and use the beat wizard to make one cell for each beat in the song. The beat wizard works really nice for rock-and-roll and other songs that have a regular beat. If the beat changes halfway through the song, I use the beat wizard for the first half, then again for the second half, then use the waveform display to patch up things during the tempo change.

Having one cell per beat saves much time by doing things like having a fade down on every downbeat, and using "copy mulitiple until the end of the sequence".

Then, when I want to do a fast chase, I duplicate the track and subdivide the timings to give me a "Fast" track.

I agree with Steven, and it has helped so far for me. However, you still have the tapper wizard if that is what you are used to.

Tracks provides a huge advantage for separating out different beats. It allows you to leverage the Beat Wizard in many different ways.

The visual portion of S2 can be the same as S1 only you get a larger display up to 200x200. You can also import a back ground picture, or couple it with Holiday Light Designer 4.0.

Yup, agree with Steven. I do something almost identical to that. From my experience, the beat wizard works MUCH better and smarter in LOR II.

I do a lot of 'duplicate track' / or / create a new track and put certain items into the new track one at a time.

Then use the beat wizard (or vu wizard, often less useful) to insert timings for specific time ranges into the new track.

Also very power, is using the beat wizard to both add timings and turn on a sequence of items ... say you have 4 mini trees and the music is basically a 4/4 beat .. then beat wizard can insert timings and turn on mini1 on the 1 beat, mini2 on the 2 beat, etc. very powerful stuff. I actually prefer using beat wizard to set up little auto-light sections for certain channels ... and if you do two of threee of these at the same time on different tracks (at the same time), making some go on the beat, some get half time, other going double time ... you can get some really sweet results.

And if you use tracks, you can keep you base track with a fairly clean, consistent timing ... then use these tracks for various points in the song which are unique and maybe feature certain combinations of channels you want to feature.

Just ideas ... agree with that others have already said.