Light-O-Rama Forums

Auto Sequence Singing Faces feature documentation

BrianBruderer

1 hour ago, BrianBruderer said:

Randy,

Yes you can do auto sequence singing faces using S4 and using your own singing faces. But it takes some work to make a visualization of your singing faces.

Have you made a visualization before?

yes i have

3 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

Randy,

Yes you can do auto sequence singing faces using S4 and using your own singing faces. But it takes some work to make a visualization of your singing faces.

Have you made a visualization before?

i have made visualization before? never a singing face one, not sure how to start

On 9/11/2019 at 10:01 AM, Sparky4u said:

Are your face elements regular light strings? If so draw each face element as a light string. If you have a picture of your singing faces you can set the picture as the background and draw the light strings on top of the picture. If you don't have a picture just draw the light strings best you can to approximate how they look.

Each face element will be a fixture. Make a Prop and name it something like "Face1" and add all the face elements as fixtures in the Prop. Order them in a logical way such as putting the mouth elements at the top, then the nose, then the eyes, then the face outline.

When you import the visualization into superstar I would suggest setting the orientation as "vertical." This will make the green sequencing grid be a vertical column of squares.

Go to the lightorama main page, click on "Support" then click on "Tutorials and PDFs." Scroll down to the superstar section. Look for the tutorial on "auto sequence singing faces." Watch it just to give you some background on how the feature works when using the standard lightorama singing faces. Each face element is a one pixel "image." You will set pixels on the sequencing grid to create the different mouth positions.

But first make your visualization and then get back with me. You can email me at brian@superstarlights.com after you have your visualization done and we can arrange a time for me to remote into your computer and show you how to do things.

1 hour ago, randy88cougar said:

thank you i will work on that soon as i can. i appreciate it

If you wait until after the holidays and seriously want to learn this, if you ask my great friend James Morris he may be willing to show you. Just ask nicely but as stated please wait until after the holidays. Its very busy for us sharing sequences and getting our shows up and running.

He has mastered the art of SS faces. I stick with the LED and RGB faces and he takes care of the others.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to save the colors of the singing faces? I'm using 5.5.16 pro and whenever I go to the motion effect row and create a singing face, I have to change the colors from white to the ones I need. Very time consuming. Or am I just missing something?

No, you're not missing anything. But there is a way to save the colors. After changing the colors to what you want but before you do your sequencing, click on the File menu and select "Save As" and save it to a name like "MyColors." Then the next time you come in you can click on the File menu and select "Open" and you can open that file.

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2020 at 11:05 AM, MSB said:

Is there any way to save the colors of the singing faces? I'm using 5.5.16 pro and whenever I go to the motion effect row and create a singing face, I have to change the colors from white to the ones I need. Very time consuming. Or am I just missing something?

Did you figure this out? I’m struggling with the same issue. I’ve just started with SS. 

31 minutes ago, Damon Hobbs said:

Did you figure this out? I’m struggling with the same issue. I’ve just started with SS. 

The way Brian describes it above as stated, open superstar and set your colors for your faces. Before writing any sequence save that sequence something specific so you will know it is your colors. Brians suggestion should work.

This will become a template for your faces.

Each time you want to create a new face sequence open that one and use save as with a new name for the new sequence. This will lock in your colors.

JR

That is correct. With S5 it's really confusing for an old timer like me as the file after sequencing never gets saved in the traditional way...it just works.

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

The way Brian describes it above as stated, open superstar and set your colors for your faces. Before writing any sequence save that sequence something specific so you will know it is your colors. Brians suggestion should work.

This will become a template for your faces.

Each time you want to create a new face sequence open that one and use save as with a new name for the new sequence. This will lock in your colors.

JR

Thank you, JR. I will try that out tomorrow. Thanks again!  

31 minutes ago, MSB said:

That is correct. With S5 it's really confusing for an old timer like me as the file after sequencing never gets saved in the traditional way...it just works.

Thank MSB. I think I’m putting too much thought into it. I will try it in the morning. Thanks for responding. 

• 2 years later...

Yes, the faces are images. You can create any image you want for the faces. The ones that get loaded are just the defaults.