Light-O-Rama Forums

HAS ANYONE Started a list of this years songs ???

a31ford

Haven't see anything about the hits of this year ?? anyone following whats 'Hot' ???

Any Ideas ????

Greg

I will be doing Laura Branigan Gloria for the St Louis Blues fans.  Its from 1982 I think     not a hot new hit. 

• Like 1

I am wanting to do old town road. I particularly like the way WOTE did it. 

I am also planning to create  a montage of Fortnite emote songs and dances. I see kids at my sons school doing these dances all the time. Should be a hit. 

31 minutes ago, saxon said:

WOTE old town road

I like that, would love to see what you do with it.

• Thanks 1

July is when I start looking for songs.  My display is much more simple than 99% of y'all, so I don't need a full year to program.

The MOST exciting news is that my company bought a drone and has given me permission to have our resident drone flight manager come to my house to record my show this year!  I'm SO excited about that!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna just use most of the song i used in 2017, did not do a show last year because of the accident, and money is tight because of the accident so no changing up my show this year at all.

• Like 1

Jerry.. Sorry to hear about your Accident,  Remember though, ANY show, small , large, or somewhere in between , IS A GOOD THING !!  It's the fact that that one is done, NOT the size of it !!! Keep up the great work !

Greg Manning

8 hours ago, a31ford said:

Jerry.. Sorry to hear about your Accident,  Remember though, ANY show, small , large, or somewhere in between , IS A GOOD THING !!  It's the fact that that one is done, NOT the size of it !!! Keep up the great work !

Greg Manning

Main thing that may not get done this year is the roof. A depends on when my surgery is. Trying to get nla few new props done but sitting at solder station for more then about 30 minutes is difficult. But with reusing sequences from 17 will save me time.

6 hours ago, jerry72 said:

Main thing that may not get done this year is the roof. A depends on when my surgery is. Trying to get nla few new props done but sitting at solder station for more then about 30 minutes is difficult. But with reusing sequences from 17 will save me time.

in the past just moving props around gave the show a "new" look.  I wouldn't worry about what you have and haven't done, only person that knows that is you - your audience will still love it.  After being gone a year to them it will be "new".

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 12:16 PM, caniac said:

Love the music, not too keen on the words.  If there was an instrumental version with the vocal sound effects, but not singing words, it'd make a great Halloween song for a display.  Jury is still out on whether I put up a Halloween Display this year [2019] or not, as well as a Christmas Display outside.  May attempt something different and do everything inside this year for 2019.

Good thing we have a crappy lawn service that forced me to take down my RGB lights and all of my RGB and CTB16PC Controllers I was going to leave up outside permanently. 

Last Tuesday at 4:30pm ET in Orlando, FL {July16, 2019] my 66 foot wooden Handicap ramp took a lightning strike, it's got the scorch marks and damage to to prove it in various sections inside and outside of it  It was like a giant cyan ball of light, rolled right up the ramp. 

I saw the entire thing happen.  

If my RGB Controllers and Lights would have still been attached, would have fried all 5 of them, all 4 of my CTB16PC Controllers, 10 strands of RGB lights and my show computer since they had all been linked via Cat5 cable and also plugged into a former outdoor GFCI/combo outlet setup for my displays.  It was quite interesting and quite scary too. 

Fortunately it didn't hit the house, but did try to set the ramp [wood] on fire, fortunately it was during a heavy downpour, so the rain put out the fires along the ramp sections that got it.  Fortunately since it was raining hard, damage was very minimal, but noticeable.

Again, like the music, just not too keen on the actual singing parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all not been on lately. Been sorta a bumpy year. Not sure I will be able to incorprate RGB’s I bought for this year. We’ll see. Anyway who decides this song of the year. I am interested, never did last years but maybe this years got a lot of sequencing to do. Anyway never heard the HU song until now. Scratching my head about that one. But old time road was sorta cool. Should be able to hit the beats with the bells. 

On 7/8/2019 at 6:45 AM, caniac said:

in the past just moving props around gave the show a "new" look.  I wouldn't worry about what you have and haven't done, only person that knows that is you - your audience will still love it.  After being gone a year to them it will be "new".

I always change things up as well and I've got 37-40 songs/sequences, so it pretty much assures that they won't see the same things over and over each year. This year, I added one new sequence and one of our forum members gave me some RGB spiral trees which will be in this year's show too. Thank You Matt!