Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding new controller to existing sequence

DLH lites

Hey Guys , I want to add two new controllers to my sequences to be expanded. I have looked at the tutorials and cant find the info there or I may have missed it any suggestions.

David

Open an existing sequence and right click on very bottom channel.

Click on insert device then click insert device below. You always want to add new controllers to the bottom.

When the pop up box opens fill in the information for your new controller.

When finished adding both controllers save the channels config and add the new channel config to all your existing sequences.

Thank You Mr. P, I knew there was a way to do it .  You have always been spot on, thanks!

David

• Thanks 1

Mr P, Ok I am stuck,  I am able to add the controllers #3 and #4 to the existing sequence but cant find the  popper place to add them to the channels config. Where do I go to inset the channels.

Newbie David

52 minutes ago, DLH lites said:

Mr P, Ok I am stuck,  I am able to add the controllers #3 and #4 to the existing sequence but cant find the  popper place to add them to the channels config. Where do I go to inset the channels.

Newbie David

Everything should have been added automatically when you filled in the pop up box for adding a new device.

What controllers did you add?

Edited by Mr. P

Mr. P   ,I added two new cpb16  kits  built  after the spring sale, both units work fine with the hardware utility all channels  They showed up on the channel list  in the sequence  as  +unit 3 & +  unit 4--I hit the plus and they filled in  the channels   but I couldn't find the channel config any where .

David

One other thing , beside each new controller the is a gray line before the numbers for the controller   They are ID  number 3 and 4 

David

21 minutes ago, DLH lites said:

Mr. P   ,I added two new cpb16  kits  built  after the spring sale, both units work fine with the hardware utility all channels  They showed up on the channel list  in the sequence  as  +unit 3 & +  unit 4--I hit the plus and they filled in  the channels   but I couldn't find the channel config any where .

David

Okay, so the controllers are added. Are you trying to save the channel config so you can add them to all your other sequences?

If you are trying to save the channel config:

Top Menu, "Edit"  then "Export/Import Channels Configuration"  then "Export Channel Configuration"   save the channel config.

Open another sequence

Top Menu, "Edit"  then "Export/Import Channels Configuration"  then "import Channel Configuration"    select the file you saved.

Thanks I found that but  didn't know which way to send it I will do that Thanks so much keep ya posted, Thanks again

David

• The topic was locked