Light-O-Rama Forums

Error Loading Sequence Expected Equal sign

Ken Pharr

I completed a sequence a couple of weeks ago, and made a few minor changes last night. When I try to open the sequence, I now get the above error. Of course I do not have a back up copy. Is there anyway to retrieve the file?

I am using version 2.0.16

Thanks, Ken

It is too late for this suggestion to help on this occasion, but for future reference you might consider an approach like this....

As I am editing sequences, I "save as" a new higher number every few minutes. Like Wizards 1, Wizards 2, Wizard 3, etc. I keep those copies around for the whole season by moving them over to another hard disk partition, and additionally on a USB backup drive. I can't tell you the number of times that one or more of thosse files have come in handy.

Hopefully, you will get some help on this one. It sounds like the file got corrupt somewhere. Maybe email the sequence file over to LOR to see if they spot anything obvious. You might have detected a bug.

You might have a backup copy. LOR automatically saves a copy before you make any change. If you haven't changed it since the problem was first introduced, your backup should still be good.

Please look in your sequences directory, using Windows Explorer. If, for example, your sequence is named "MySequence.lms", then the automatic backup will be named "MySequence.lms.bak". Rename that backup file to something with a ".lms" extension instead of ".bak" - for example, "MySequence-Restore.lms", and try to open that with LOR.

If you don't see a ".lms" or ".bak" file, make sure that you have Windows set up to display file extensions: In Windows explorer, go to Tools / Folder Options / View, and make sure that "Hide extensions for known file types" is unchecked (in the "Advanced settings" portion).

If it turns out that your backup file also has this problem, please email me a copy of your sequence; I might be able to make something workable out of it, although I cannot promise that I will be able to do so.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Actually, now that I think about it a little more, please send me a copy of the sequence in any case (i.e. even if you're able to find a backup for it). I would like to look at the problem it has.

Thanks.

Will do. I 'll send it out tonight... My daughter emailed a copy, but she sent the back up file. All 164K lines passed the error check in visual studio, so I will keep my fingers crossed that the back up is complete.

Thanks so much!