Light-O-Rama Forums

PIXIE16 lights not responding from G3-MP3

orchidman

52 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Hello sir I haven't been on much and didn't realize you changed your picture. I've been scrolling past without noticing your old profile pic from last year LOL. 

Due to medical issues and some other things I had to cancel my trip and class this year.

On another not we are at Disney for 10 days. It is hot. Normally we go in April/ May but this year with 10 of us going had to change plans.

We stay at Shades of Green.

You don’t have to call me sir, friend or JR is fine. LOL Was hoping to get to meet those I haven’t met before and the ones I have at the Expo but maybe next year.

JR

Looks like we may have a fix.  Lights started blinky-blinky about 11 pm last night.

Points to take away that solved my problems:  If you have or want to add networks, make sure you have some type of 485 connected for each network defined.  I had to wait until a Red 485 arrived to get things working on the second network.  More on that next.

Next thing, when I tried to install the Red 485, it did not install correctly.  Took about 12 hours to get things fixed.  Only a small hole in the wall and a small lump on my head 😯

Things like FTClean would not totally remove the problem with the bad driver install around the Red 485.  The only way I could get things working was to go to Windows and an old Restore point.  After rolling things back to before I installed 5.2.4, I had to reinstall LOR and the 485 drivers with many restarts.  The USB485B was found right away however the Red 485 took MINUTES to complete, but it finally did and now I am programming and when I want to watch some of the real lights I can.

Thanks JR, you helped lay the foundation for me to fight my way through the hardware problems.  Have not heard boo from LOR and the 2 cases submitted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orchidman said:

Looks like we may have a fix.  Lights started blinky-blinky about 11 pm last night.

Points to take away that solved my problems:  If you have or want to add networks, make sure you have some type of 485 connected for each network defined.  I had to wait until a Red 485 arrived to get things working on the second network.  More on that next.

Next thing, when I tried to install the Red 485, it did not install correctly.  Took about 12 hours to get things fixed.  Only a small hole in the wall and a small lump on my head 😯

Things like FTClean would not totally remove the problem with the bad driver install around the Red 485.  The only way I could get things working was to go to Windows and an old Restore point.  After rolling things back to before I installed 5.2.4, I had to reinstall LOR and the 485 drivers with many restarts.  The USB485B was found right away however the Red 485 took MINUTES to complete, but it finally did and now I am programming and when I want to watch some of the real lights I can.

Thanks JR, you helped lay the foundation for me to fight my way through the hardware problems.  Have not heard boo from LOR and the 2 cases submitted.

Any time my friend.

JR