Light-O-Rama Forums

Error opening sequence

DavidPeterson

I had completed a sequence in LORI, but when I tried to open it yesterday, I am getting an error: An exception occurred! Type:UTFDataFormatException, Message:invalid byte 1(+_) of a 1-byte sequence. The +- is actually a symbol with the - right below the +. All my other LORI sequences open in II. Is there any way to fix this?

The original sequence was actually one of the free TSO sequences that LOR offers, I just made modifications. This is my first year, so did it that way to make it easier on myself the first time. I have a version that I can use, just may not have all my edits. I'll try that once I get power at home, the remnants of Ike knocked out 90% of the power companys customers in Cincinnati so may not have power for a while.

DavidPeterson wrote:

I had completed a sequence in LORI, but when I tried to open it yesterday, I am getting an error: An exception occurred! Type:UTFDataFormatException, Message:invalid byte 1(+_) of a 1-byte sequence. The +- is actually a symbol with the - right below the +. All my other LORI sequences open in II. Is there any way to fix this?

Please send a copy of that sequence to support@Lightorama.com

Thanks
Dan

• 2 years later...

Was there ever a resolution to this problem? I a getting the same error on a newly wiped and reinstalled system running the latest LOR and attempting to open sequences from many different sources, downloaded and personally created. I assume that my stripped-down system is missing some needed system file (like .net, or something similar) but I didn't see anything listed in the sw requirements. Perhaps a codec, since LOR also balks when I try to create a new sequence claiming the mp3s appear non-standard. The mp3s and sequences all work fine on my other install under VMWare on a Mac.