Light-O-Rama Forums

Split monitors

cenote

Am I safe to assume that there no current way to split tracks among multiple monitors? Would love to be able to sequence among two monitors.

Just a brainstorm - you might be able to do a hack provided your video card supports dual monitors. Have your video card treat the two external monitors as one (i.e. where you can roll your mouse from one to the other.) Then edit your video with a left and a right section so that when it is displayed on full screen (streched on both monitors) only one monitor has images.

Jim

Never though about that, good idea, but would love to display master track on one, another track on second, and my animation on the thrid....(Future idea, Dan?)

I use dual montors like I assume many people do. Put the tracks on one and the animation on another. Have not found a need for multiple monitors for the tracks -- but then I have not started my sequencing this year -- going from 32 to 80 channels.

I run dual monitors. My laptop is set to 1280 x 800 and the extended monitor is set to 1280 x 1024 (a little taller).

I have only been able to show tracks on top of each other. I can't split them up to have say track 1 on one side and track 2 on the other. But the animation window will move over just fine (it is a free-floating window).

Attached is a snapshot of my screen. The red line is where my pages split. On the left side I see everything down to the blacked out area. On the right I see everything shown.

If I pulled the new animation box all the way over, it goes just fine. But what you are looking for (and I have tried to do as well) is have track one on the left and track 2 on the right monitors.

S3 maybe???

Attached files 157560=9117-split-screen-view-of-sequen.gif

I run dual 24" widescreen monitors. I use one for channels and the other for animation. The one on the right I turn 90 degrees and can see 100 channels at a time. I put beat tracks in so any place on the screen i move up or down i can see the beat track. You can see the set up on my website. www.hearthelights.com Good luck and chirstmas is just around the corner.

I been thinking about this too. What hardware are you using for your laptop? I been looked at the vtbook adapter and the dualhead2go box. Just curious what others are using. Thanks Brandon