Light-O-Rama Forums

It'a May , OK OK

DLH lites

Got two ctb16pc kits on mad grab ,built both over a weekend, they work great , there are led lites all over the living room floor from testing, just too purty to put away, I hear rumbling about lites blinking from the kitchen guess dinner will be late. Third year newbie, 64 channels now and twice the led lites.  My stock broker says I should buy stock in LOR since that is where all my dough is going.  check out my 2018 shows  DLH Lites

David

You hear rumblings because you have blinky lights in May? Personally I think you are getting a late start.  😀

• Like 2

I know I know , I was building new wire trees last week of January then had to take them to the new storage unit. took a small break till mad grab , work got in the way,now full speed ahead.  Oh Boy !!!!!!!!

Yep- lights blink here year round, house , garage, barns and all. Always testing something, even nerves.

JR

On 5/1/2019 at 12:24 PM, Mr. P said:

You hear rumblings because you have blinky lights in May? Personally I think you are getting a late start.  😀

I already have my main show for 40 houses plus a specialty night sequenced!  Working on Halloween now  :-)

21 hours ago, debtoews said:

I already have my main show for 40 houses plus a specialty night sequenced!  Working on Halloween now  🙂

Show off! LOL JK Seen the videos of your neighborhood and its amazing!! wish I still lived in cali so I could come check it out!  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, debtoews said:

I already have my main show for 40 houses plus a specialty night sequenced!  Working on Halloween now  🙂

BTW just curious how did you convince all your neighbors to get on board with it all?

8 minutes ago, ericm said:

BTW just curious how did you convince all your neighbors to get on board with it all?

many asked us..others we asked them....a few grinches but its their choice!

It was amazing easy believe it or not.

But it is a tremendous amount of work but a small group of us are committed to putting on the show every year.

1 minute ago, debtoews said:

many asked us..others we asked them....a few grinches but its their choice!

It was amazing easy believe it or not.

But it is a tremendous amount of work but a small group of us are committed to putting on the show every year.

I have had a few of my neighbors show interest by telling me they would let me put what i want on their house... but i would have to buy it all.

Just now, ericm said:

I have had a few of my neighbors show interest by telling me they would let me put what i want on their house... but i would have to buy it all.

that is why we started a nonprofit.  We accept cash donations which part we re-donate to a food pantry and other nonprofits and its pays for equipment, insurance, storage etc.  We only require the homeowners (not the renters) to purchase their eve lights...around $200-250ish..the nonprofit supplies the controllers and 6 4-color mini trees, do the set up etc.  This is year number 5 and we will be at 40 homes.

I am a third year newbie, when I started I had a full head of hair, just thinking of doing 40 homes puts me all in a dither. I was playing Christmas music till 1 am last night, golly how my life has changed, I am a kid again at 69.

David

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 7:26 AM, DLH lites said:

I am a third year newbie, when I started I had a full head of hair, just thinking of doing 40 homes puts me all in a dither. I was playing Christmas music till 1 am last night, golly how my life has changed, I am a kid again at 69.

David

Aww...we started with 1 home and had only that for many years...its a process...you dont just go from nothing to 40 over night!  All the learning and work is well worth it once the show is going and people are in awe....  :-)

• The topic was locked