Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Question

Mike Anderson

Thinking of maybe adding to my display.  Which is better, CCR Ribbons or Bullet Pixels?  And about how long are each?

Thinking about adding arches and was curious as to if I could use one strand for two arches.  Very new to pixels, as these would be my first.

Thanks

Mike

Depends on what you want to do with them.

Bullets are more forgiving while handling and easier to repair if one goes out.

Can use either for arches. As far as using 1 strand for 2- they will be small and depends on what controller you purchase.

IMO- circles look better than arches - I got rid of all arches and went to circles. Circles can be used for all holidays and can be arches if wanted.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I was looking at the ccr's from light o rama.  Not sure if I want to use bullets and have them exposed or Strips and put them in pex tubing for the "glow" effect.  They have them with the controller.

Unless you can suggest a cheaper option?

Mike

4 hours ago, Mike Anderson said:

I was looking at the ccr's from light o rama.  Not sure if I want to use bullets and have them exposed or Strips and put them in pex tubing for the "glow" effect.  They have them with the controller.

Unless you can suggest a cheaper option?

Mike

You can put nodes inside the tubing as well. Just depends on what you want.  

JR

I am using Cosmic Color Pixels for my arches.  Each pixel is drilled into a piece of 3/4” PEX pipe such that the pixel illuminates the inside of the tube.  I use a string of 50 pixels per arch with 2” spacing.  You can see details at:

http://newburghlights.org/CCP_Arches.html

I love the look.

• The topic was locked