Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel Property Grid - Sort?

randallr

Is there anyway to sort the channel property grid by controller ID's? Would be real handy after your arranged your sequence by items - to double check channels, locate unused channels after you've slept a few nights or lost your master diagram of your yard. (Shouldn't have just left it taped to garage wall over the summer....)

I remember last year using a third party tool in S1, but I'm assuming it wouldn't work in S2.

Thanks,

Randall

randallr wrote:

Is there anyway to sort the channel property grid by controller ID's? Would be real handy after your arranged your sequence by items - to double check channels, locate unused channels after you've slept a few nights or lost your master diagram of your yard. (Shouldn't have just left it taped to garage wall over the summer....)

I remember last year using a third party tool in S1, but I'm assuming it wouldn't work in S2.

Thanks,

Randall

Good idea, but I would prefer to have a "Channel Analysis" feature on the menu. I'd imagine it to pop up a simple dialog to list the channels that have not been assigned and the channels that have duplicates.

I would not want to sort my channel list as I have them in a very rigid order so that when I am programming effects like sweeps, I can see if any one is out of time or order.

I would guess that most people would not want to sort the channels since identifying overlapped or missing channels is something you are probably only going to do once when you set it up.

Brian Mitchell wrote:

Could you explain how to do that better?

To prevent any possible chance of affecting an LOR file, export a new copy of your channel configuration.

In Excel choose File / Open.

Change Files of type to All Files.

Open the configuration file.

Look for the columns labeled “/channels/channel/@unit” and “/channels/channel/@circuit”.

Then scroll down till you see the info (it can be hundreds of rows down).

Copy the info to a fresh Excel workbook. Then you can sort, save, etc.