Light-O-Rama Forums

circular tree

KBK

Hello.  I am about to buy a second LOR controller to use only on mega tree( homemade).   Is there anything else I would need to get the circular pattern where it goes back and forth etc...I know stupid questions but still new.  I ran a 16 channel last year and loved it and had so much fun.   Love the look and the designs of the tress.   I am not doing pixels or rgb's yet.  

More lights  😁

Seriously, don't do it. It starts out as one then two. Then the next thing you know you have 10-15, spending a ton of money, you're sleeping on the couch because the wife won't speak to you.

A few years from now you file for bankruptcy and die alone. However, that's all okay since you had a great lightshow.  😁

I started with a 9 (AC) strand 1/2 round tree. This year I am adding 8 strands of dumb RGB in between those (8 is also what a CMB24 can do).

Sa you vcan see from my sig, my LOR has grown (a lot of the places with lights, just used to plug into a timer, that I tricked out with a photo cell. Turns on at dusk, OFF at 2130)

Shop Spring and end of season sales...You might stave off Bankruptcy for a bit 😛

The LOR pre season sale will come along soon. If you haven’t registered for the sales flyer email you should go to the main LOR website and sign up for it.

Keep in mind- the more you want to do With the tree the more channels you will need.

JR

On the web look up Mega Tree Calculator it will help you with dimensions. Welcome to the MADNESS and as MR.P said you will be sleeping alone get use to the COUCH.

Guess I'm one of the "few" lucky ones, my wife supports the habit😛, and I think she enjoys the light shows even more than I do.:D 

So she's always asking: "What can we get next for the light show?"🤔

And since we don't have a couch, it'd be the floor for me if she didn't support the display.  So I get to stay in my nice soft bed and no lumpy couch or hard floors for me!😛😛😛

What are you guys talking about?  If someone is mad and doesn't want me around, they can go somewhere else.     My wife likes discovering I spent money so she can then spend money on her stuff,  its only fair.   

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

More lights  😁

Seriously, don't do it. It starts out as one then two. Then the next thing you know you have 10-15, spending a ton of money, you're sleeping on the couch because the wife won't speak to you.

A few years from now you file for bankruptcy and die alone. However, that's all okay since you had a great lightshow.  😁

10-15???? lol try 44 now

lol.  I can build it no probs...I evens have the lights and the extra controller...all this sleeping in a nice queen bed. lol  Drives my wife crazy, but she knows it makes me happy, so therefore she is...now getting the lights to go in the circular pattern back and forth...now that is what is gonna drive me insane! 

1 hour ago, KBK said:

lol.  I can build it no probs...I evens have the lights and the extra controller...all this sleeping in a nice queen bed. lol  Drives my wife crazy, but she knows it makes me happy, so therefore she is...now getting the lights to go in the circular pattern back and forth...now that is what is gonna drive me insane! 

Its not that difficult. But when you set the tree up you have to ensure you follow your sequencing order or it may not look as it does in your vis/ preview.

JR

Try a spiral tree same setup but better effect look up Jerry Baker spiral tree on YouTube all my Christmas sequence have spiral tree in them 4 blue 4 red 4 green 4 white 100 LEDs per string