Light-O-Rama Forums

Question about the Pixiecon 16

indi

I am using a pixiecon 16 to run a small matrix. I used ten of the outputs, which leaves six open. I just bought some smart strips to add to the eave of my house and was wondering if I can program another 3 out puts to run the eave strips. The controller is one the right side of my house, but I want to start universe 13 (31 pixels) on the left side of the house, then the middle of the house with universe 14 (85 pixels), and finish up on the right side of the house universe 15 (60 pixels). Does anyone see anything wrong with this?

Thanks

Your biggest potential issue is going to be cable length between the controller and  the first pixel.  Without knowing the specific layout of your house, you may do better with adding the three strings end to end starting on the right side, then middle and lastly the left.  As I recall, the PixCon can handle a string length of 176 pixels - although you would most likely have to do some power injection, but distance is easier to handle on power than it is with data.

Thanks for responding. I am now thinking about using my pixiecon 16 instead of buying another controller. I figure where my pixiecon 16 sets no, I would have about 5 foot to get to my first pixel, then if I connect the next strip to the end of the first strip, I would have 145 pixels. I do have another power supply that I can inject power to my last 30 pixels. My next question is, I have already sequenced a number of songs, but I was planing on running the lights left to right, but it I do what I said about, they would be running right to left. Well I have to re-sequence my songs? I know the strips are directional, but does the pixels care which direction the lights go. I program in Superstar.

Thanks  

The pixels do run in a specific order however, you can change which pixel is #1 by reversing the order in the Pixcon setup.

My thought is to run the data from my existing pixiecon and run all the power from my second power supply to power the strips and use it for the inject points.

Have a very good quality Negative/Common (terms Nit: Ground or Earth is the term for the Green (w/yellow) Safety connection) between ALL supplies that are on the same controller BANK. Commonly a Black 10Ga, copper wire

• This topic was locked, unlocked and locked