Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Can't install S4-4.4.2

Orville

Okay, I'm posting a screen shot  of what I am getting when I try to install ANY version of the Software Suites, S3 - 3.8.2 to S4 - 4.4.2.  I keep getting the Administrator has set a policy to NOT allow the installation of the this software.  I AM the Administrator and I NEVER set such a policy!  But I can not for the life of me, figure out what got changed, how it got changed or what I need to change so I can re-install the software on my computer!

See screen shot below, this comes up right after the pop window comes up that you click on Install. it sits for a while then the screen shot pop up window {below} comes up.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get around/fix this?

How do I get rid of this issue.JPG

Edited by Orville

Try these - Win 7  -  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/error-the-system-administrator-has-set-policies-to/b5350e90-fe4b-4544-8549-20c6a7befb51

Win 10  -   https://windows10freeapps.com/the-system-administrator-has-set-policies-to-prevent-this-installation/

Wasn't sure of your version of windows. You may want to try google chrome first though.

I have been playing with Apple recently and some sites they link me to have to be opened in google chrome.

JR

7 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Try these - Win 7  -  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/error-the-system-administrator-has-set-policies-to/b5350e90-fe4b-4544-8549-20c6a7befb51

Win 10  -   https://windows10freeapps.com/the-system-administrator-has-set-policies-to-prevent-this-installation/

Wasn't sure of your version of windows. You may want to try google chrome first though.

I have been playing with Apple recently and some sites they link me to have to be opened in google chrome.

JR

Thanks JR.  tried all those and still was a no go. 

I finally found a workaround on it {Windows 7}, went in to where you move a slider up that has Windows send a message every time a program wants to make a change to your system, put it back on the default, tried installing it again and it worked.  Spent hours and hours today trying to get this re-installed, then had to reinstall the FTDI drivers, the whole thing was a mess!

But I managed to get it straightened out and everything is working back to normal. 

Installed it on my other older system and had FTDI drivers installed, everything {DUH, I THOUGHT} was connected, but I just could not get access to the RGB Controllers and lights, I kept trying and trying to get Comm4 to get put in the HU, so I could make sure it saw all 5 RGB Controllers, no go, kept changing my network setting for the RGB Controllers to NONE.  A few hours later I find out I never plugged in the red HS USB Adapter for Comm4!:wacko: 

Almost 3-1/2 hours I tried to get that Comm 4 to show up, not once realizing I never plugged the RED HS Adapter in after I got Comm3 up and running on the Regular network for my CTB16PC Controllers.  I really can't believe I missed that, and spent all that time trying to figure out where is Comm4, I added it to the Network Configuration, thinking that would activate it.....*DOH*, nope, got to plug the RS232 Rd HS adapter in for that to work right.

Hopefully, these are my only blunders for this year......but, probably not.🤣

But at least I got it installed and up and running again, an entire day shot that I could have been working on my sequences. 

If this computer were a horse, I think I'd have shot it!:lol:

Edited by Orville

1 hour ago, Orville said:

I finally found a workaround on it {Windows 7}, went in to where you move a slider up that has Windows send a message every time a program wants to make a change to your system, put it back on the default, tried installing it again and it worked.  Spent hours and hours today trying to get this re-installed, then had to reinstall the FTDI drivers, the whole thing was a mess!

But I managed to get it straightened out and everything is working back to normal. 

Installed it on my other older system and had FTDI drivers installed, everything {DUH, I THOUGHT} was connected, but I just could not get access to the RGB Controllers and lights, I kept trying and trying to get Comm4 to get put in the HU, so I could make sure it saw all 5 RGB Controllers, no go, kept changing my network setting for the RGB Controllers to NONE.  A few hours later I find out I never plugged in the red HS USB Adapter for Comm4!:wacko: 

Almost 3-1/2 hours I tried to get that Comm 4 to show up, not once realizing I never plugged the RED HS Adapter in after I got Comm3 up and running on the Regular network for my CTB16PC Controllers.  I really can't believe I missed that, and spent all that time trying to figure out where is Comm4, I added it to the Network Configuration, thinking that would activate it.....*DOH*, nope, got to plug the RS232 Rd HS adapter in for that to work right.

But at least I got it installed and up and running again, an entire day shot that I could have been working on my sequences. 

Sorry, I tried.

Glad you managed to figure it out.

JR

It's a Windows Installer error.

Go into your CMD Prompt window as an administrator, you will see something like this:  C:\Windows\system32>

type in - net user administrator /active:yes

It should look like this:

C:\Windows\system32>net user administrator /active:yes

Hit Enter

Okay, he figured it out, I hate reading long posts.  😁

Edited by Mr. P

9 hours ago, Mr. P said:

It's a Windows Installer error.

Go into your CMD Prompt window as an administrator, you will see something like this:  C:\Windows\system32>

type in - net user administrator /active:yes

It should look like this:

C:\Windows\system32>net user administrator /active:yes

Hit Enter

Okay, he figured it out, I hate reading long posts.  😁

Gave me an error 5 and an access denied statement when I tried that/  Took me to a different directory and when I tried to go to the root of 😄 drive, it won't let me out of the users\username of the drive.  I can access all the other HD's USB  external HD, and the DVD reader/writer, as well as the USB SD Card Reader/Writer.  But no go on accessing anything other than the user directory I am in on drive C.  Never had that issue before either.  Strange.

13 hours ago, Orville said:

Gave me an error 5 and an access denied statement when I tried that/  Took me to a different directory and when I tried to go to the root of 😄 drive, it won't let me out of the users\username of the drive.  I can access all the other HD's USB  external HD, and the DVD reader/writer, as well as the USB SD Card Reader/Writer.  But no go on accessing anything other than the user directory I am in on drive C.  Never had that issue before either.  Strange.

That SMILEY emoji was supposed to be C : drive.   Didn't know C colon would make a smiley emoji, didn't show up that way when I initially posted it!

On 2/27/2019 at 12:58 AM, dibblejr said:

Sorry, I tried.

Glad you managed to figure it out.

JR

Wrote you a reply earlier, but the forum crashed on me right after I hit the "Submit Reply" button, so that response went into Never-Never land and never to return.

But no reason to be Sorry, I appreciate the help. 

Seems though reading through the commentary on that link you posted, that did not work for a lot of folks and there were a lot of other things in there that were suggested, tried them all and they all failed in what I was trying to do. 

Now on some programs it won't even allow me to save files to C drive, but the LOR software does just fine,  as well as some others that were installed previously before the few that won't allow me access to save the files to C drive! 

This computer is driving me nutsoid!:wacko:🤨🤔

16 hours ago, Orville said:

Works on mine but then again I am running Win 10 Pro and not Win 7. Let me pull out my show computer as it has Win 7 on it.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:12 PM, Orville said:

I thought you had it all solved based on this response.

JR

8 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I thought you had it all solved based on this response.

JR

Thought I did too.  But some programs just won't allow me to save to the C Drive, mostly my program I use to edit and resave customized photographs, but I can live with the few that won't work. 

As long as the LOR stuff works, which is the main use for this computer, I'm good. And that's working just fine. :)