Light-O-Rama Forums

Check out this NEW Custom Zip Tie Tool!

Orville

3 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

Don't forget about the replacement Tie Ends as well for another $13.52. You buy the spool, you might also need to buy these.

For the kit, spare material (running out during setup is not an option) and shipping,  It came out to $94.06 for my location.

I'm sure it can be handy and possibly save some time in some uses, but I think I'll stick with old-school handling for a while.

Besides, I like gathering, raking and sweeping all the wasted cut ends and used tie wraps on the ground and roof after each season. LOL

And thank you for sharing what you found.

I can agree the cost is too high currently and with all the extra's you need, I'll probably still be hand zip tying all my stuff for this years display too. 

But one can dream of easier ways to do things, just hoped it wouldn't have cost so much, and shipping is ridiculous for some of the prices I've seen lately on some of the most light-weight things too!.

Even Home Depot is a tad high, wanted to buy some replacement sticky pads for my flea traps I have in the house, they work great, the cost of the flea trap papers are only $3.98¢, but they want $5.98¢ to ship something that just weighs 1 to 3 ounces at most, so total cost with S/H = $9.96¢! 

I could ship those for a lot less than that price.   And I'm a firm believe that shipping costs should NEVER cost a lot more than the product being shipped!   Me, I'd think something this lightweight should ship for FREE or no more than $1.50¢! 

But if I want them delivered, that's what I pay for it,  and if they get shoved and folded up/bent or rolled when put in my community mailbox, then they'd be useless, and I know that's exactly how they'd get shoved into my little mail box.  I've had things folded, bent and rolled put in my mailbox that was clearly stamped on it: DO NOT BEND, FOLD or ROLL,  and LAY PACKAGE FLAT ONLY!   Sometimes I think our mail carriers are illiterate when it comes to reading instructions on packages thusly stamped.

Geez, give me the olden days when you ordered something,  paid the shipping fee, and it was actually delivered DIRECTLY to YOUR DOOR!

Edited by Orville

1 minute ago, Orville said:

I can agree the cost is too high currently and with all the extra's you need, I'll probably still be hand zip tying all my stuff for this years display too. 

But one can dream of easier ways to do things, just hoped it wouldn't have cost so much, and shipping is ridiculous for some of the prices I've seen lately on some o them most light-weight things too!.

Even Home Depot is a tad high, wanted to buy some replacement sticky pads for my flea traps I have in the house, they work grseat, the cost of the flea trap papers are only $3.98¢, but then want $5.98¢ to ship something that just weighs 1 to 3 ounces at most, so total cost with S/H = $9.96¢! 

I could ship those for a lot less than that price.   And I'm a firm believe that shipping costs should NEVER cost a lot more than the product being shipped!   Me, I'd think something this lightweight should ship for FREE or no more than $1.50¢! 

But if I want them delivered, that's what I pay for it,  and if they get shoved and folded up/bent when put in my community mailbox, then they'd be useless, and I know that's exactly how they'd get shoved into my little community mail box.  I've had things folded, bent and rolled put in my mailbox that was clearly stamped on it: DO NOT BEND, FOLD or ROLL,  and LAY PACKAGE FLAT ONLY!   Sometimes I think our mail carriers are illiterate when it comes to reading instructions on packages thusly stamped.

Geez, give me the olden days when you ordered something,  paid the shipping fee, and it was actually delivered DIRECTLY to YOUR DOOR!

Let me tell you how great Samsung and their shipping is.

Monday I ordered a new Evo860 4TB SSD. That will fit in the smallest flat rate box. Samsung had it in Millington, TN about 250 miles away. Prior to check out there were shipping options ON, 3 day and a couple others. However all were greyed out. Here's the catch, it qualified for "free shipping" so according to their customer service there was no way to upgrade the shipping. How dumb is that. Since I didn't have a choice and thinking 250 miles should be 2-3 days max I placed the order.

Upon getting the tracking number, "expected delivery date 28 Feb. Called them today and they told me the only option "pay for another one via phone and pay ON fee and then return the previous one and ten days later after they inspect it, receive a refund".

The tracking is showing - it left Millington two days ago, passed right through Bham and in to Atlanta and is currently in Orlando. I could have walked to TN and back in the same time.

I ordered something from CA the same day, received it yesterday.

Amazon was $10 cheaper but I wanted to get from mfg due to my last evo crashing, had no problems with that warranty item. 

JR

16 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Let me tell you how great Samsung and their shipping is.

Monday I ordered a new Evo860 4TB SSD. That will fit in the smallest flat rate box. Samsung had it in Millington, TN about 250 miles away. Prior to check out there were shipping options ON, 3 day and a couple others. However all were greyed out. Here's the catch, it qualified for "free shipping" so according to their customer service there was no way to upgrade the shipping. How dumb is that. Since I didn't have a choice and thinking 250 miles should be 2-3 days max I placed the order.

Upon getting the tracking number, "expected delivery date 28 Feb. Called them today and they told me the only option "pay for another one via phone and pay ON fee and then return the previous one and ten days later after they inspect it, receive a refund".

The tracking is showing - it left Millington two days ago, passed right through Bham and in to Atlanta and is currently in Orlando. I could have walked to TN and back in the same time.

I ordered something from CA the same day, received it yesterday.

Amazon was $10 cheaper but I wanted to get from mfg due to my last evo crashing, had no problems with that warranty item. 

JR

Have had that happen to me too, item was delivered in Orlando, then made it's way to California and then to somewhere in GA, then finally back to Orlando and got the item about 15 days later.  Even though I PAID SHIPPING FEES, the item still took a ridiculous round about way to get to me. 

Now really, just how STUPID is this? 

Once it was in Orlando, why didn't it just come to my address, that's what I "thought" it would do, but no, it go across the all the way across the US and then back to Orlando.  That just makes absolutely NO SENSE at all! {And why I think shipping fees are in the completely ridiculous cost zone today!}

6 hours ago, Orville said:

Have had that happen to me too, item was delivered in Orlando, then made it's way to California and then to somewhere in GA, then finally back to Orlando and got the item about 15 days later.  Even though I PAID SHIPPING FEES, the item still took a ridiculous round about way to get to me. 

Now really, just how STUPID is this? 

Once it was in Orlando, why didn't it just come to my address, that's what I "thought" it would do, but no, it go across the all the way across the US and then back to Orlando.  That just makes absolutely NO SENSE at all! {And why I think shipping fees are in the completely ridiculous cost zone today!}

Tracking still showing in Orlando but it was just placed at my door

LOL, the tracking systems are all messed up.

I would have had less problems probably calling the LOR help desk and asking someone to pick one up and send it to me. Probably would have gotten a little flack though. LOL

JR

• The topic was locked