Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights stay on after show ends

turbojack

I have a simple show I have going on for valentines day.  This is the first I have used the new 5 software. I have a simple show. I have check everywhere I can find that says turn lights off after each sequence.  At the end of the show some nights the lights stay on and some they are turn off. When I unplug power to the controllers and reapply the lights will stay off. Are there different places I need to check to turn off the lights beside the show editor?

I have the latest software 5.2.2 Pro and updated the pix8 & 4 with the latest firmware. 

Jack,

Make sure all channels are completely off (no lights) a second or so at the end of the sequence. Your sequence may be a touch longer at the end than the audio when the sequence ends and any command for lights to be on will stay that way until you close the sequence editor or the show restarts. Pulling power and connecting power won't do anything because the computer/sequence is still telling the controllers what to do at that point in the sequence.
Play the sequence/s to the very end to make sure ALL channels are off/no light commands at the end of the audio/sequence.

And welcome aboard.

tom

Edited by Santas Helper

Along the lines of what Santas Helper said, maybe add a 1/2 second to the length of the sequence and have everything blank/off. You could also run a shutdown sequence with a short blank sequence to be sure everything of off at the end of the show/night.

musical sequence.   I when back into the last one and the lights were on to the very last.  I am guessing this is a bug with the new V5 software since I did not have this problem with V4.

I did do like stated above and went and shut off all lights before the end & have not had problem since.  

Before making the change some mornings the lights were on and some they were off, so it was working correct part of the time. 

I had the same issue with our lights every now and again. I would head out in the morning and some of the lights would be on dimly. Since I added a shutdown sequence no more issues with it. I run S4.

IMO, it's not a V5 /S5 issue. I've ran into the same problem with earlier versions if I didn't have all the channels completely off the last second or two. Kinda made since to me way back then and now just common practice every time I create a new sequence.

But glad to hear that's what your problem was. 

• The topic was locked