Light-O-Rama Forums

Peace family prop

ItsMeBobO

I picked up some of these as a test from Boscoyo and they are very impressive.   The 10mm coro is very strong and I like the pattern and way they are cut.   I got the E option  which is 10 bullet 1.5" apart.  

Today I noticed they have a new website and it looks very good and easier to navigate. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

I picked up some of these as a test from Boscoyo and they are very impressive.   The 10mm coro is very strong and I like the pattern and way they are cut.   I got the E option  which is 10 bullet 1.5" apart.  

Today I noticed they have a new website and it looks very good and easier to navigate. 

Pretty neat they come in black too.  But what would you those for.  I'm new to these RGB lights, so I'm still learning what some of these light holders are for when it comes to setting them up.  

Since these stake into the ground, just trying to understand how one would use these?

Probably a silly question, but I'll never know the answer if I don't ask. ;)

And they have some other nice stuff on their site too, and very reasonably priced too! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orville said:

Pretty neat they come in black too.  But what would you those for.  I'm new to these RGB lights, so I'm still learning what some of these light holders are for when it comes to setting them up.  

Since these stake into the ground, just trying to understand how one would use these? 

Probably a silly question, but I'll never know the answer if I don't ask. ;)

And they have some other nice stuff on their site too, and very reasonably priced too! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3XfDF_bM2U

These are the lights all over their yard.  Pretty much a short firestick.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Little_b said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3XfDF_bM2U

These are the lights all over their yard.  Pretty much a short firestick.

Thanks that makes sense.  May have to invest in a few of these for later use.  I like the idea of a mini or short fire stick.  Will watch the video when I get back from church, ride will be here any minute to pick me up, so don't have much time for the moment to watch.   But I will check it out.

Thanks again for the explanation.

Edited by Orville
Somehow saved message after 1st letter typed in, so had to edit to post the comment I was trying to make!

1 hour ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Thanks Bob, after watching your video and the Peace Family Christmas Light Fight that Little_b posted, gives me some great ideas for my 2019 Christmas display.  Won't be as elaborate as the Peace Family, but sure gave me some ideas churning in my head now. LOL

I like your idea of using them hanging rather than on the ground.  Most of my yard does not have visibility down to ground level from the street.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I like your idea of using them hanging rather than on the ground.  Most of my yard does not have visibility down to ground level from the street.

mine does but after seeing them my wife is thinking we need 20-40 of them.  Just have to wrap my head around how to connect them all, I don't like to power inject if I don't have to BUT if I put these in my yard then they will need some spacing.  I am building a Falcon F48 so that might help.

I am doing 50 of them this year but making my own using Boscoyo strips attached to 3/4" emt conduit. Wiring is series/parallel to eliminate need for power injection.

Running 20 (5 pixels/stake) (100 pixels total) to one controller and 30 to another controller (150 pixels). Using 36" spacing between stakes.

PEACE STICK WIRING.png

59 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

I am doing 50 of them this year but making my own using Boscoyo strips attached to 3/4" emt conduit. Wiring is series/parallel to eliminate need for power injection.

Running 20 (5 pixels/stake) (100 pixels total) to one controller and 30 to another controller (150 pixels). Using 36" spacing between stakes.

PEACE STICK WIRING.png

Are you using 5V or 12V?   I have 10 strands and 5 controllers, but mine are all 5V.  So not sure this would work with those in a configuration such as this.   And is why I ask, I think the 12V would probably work better in this case.  But I've been mistaken before.😯B)

1 hour ago, Vince4xmas said:

PEACE STICK WIRING.png

Nice drawing Vince.  Should I ask how you drew it? :)

8 minutes ago, Orville said:

Are you using 5V or 12V?   I have 10 strands and 5 controllers, but mine are all 5V.  So not sure this would work with those in a configuration such as this.   And is why I ask, I think the 12V would probably work better in this case.  But I've been mistaken before.😯B)

IMO your only limit is number of pixels per output, 12v you can run 100 pixels before power injection need and for 5v you would have to inject after 50.

2 hours ago, caniac said:

IMO your only limit is number of pixels per output, 12v you can run 100 pixels before power injection need and for 5v you would have to inject after 50.

My strands are only 50 bulbs, but because they are set to a certain length, would it even be possible to cut them apart and put a length of wire between each fire stick without injecting power?  

I know LOR says they have to be a specific distance from the controller and can't use the 5V extender cables they sell from the controllers connector to move them further away. 

So I am wondering if I could cut these into 5 10/bulb strips, would I be able to add a length of wire between them without using power injection, and if so, what would that length be limited too?  And if I had to use power injection, would still need to know about what the maximum length of wire between each 10 bulb strip would be?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Orville said:

My strands are only 50 bulbs, but because they are set to a certain length, would it even be possible to cut them apart and put a length of wire between each fire stick without injecting power?  

I know LOR says they have to be a specific distance from the controller and can't use the 5V extender cables they sell from the controllers connector to move them further away. 

So I am wondering if I could cut these into 5 10/bulb strips, would I be able to add a length of wire between them without using power injection, and if so, what would that length be limited too?  And if I had to use power injection, would still need to know about what the maximum length of wire between each 10 bulb strip would be?

if Vince is correct then you can have 36inches between groups, if you are using LOR pixels I don't know how that works.  I have used RayWu and HC pixels so I have had no issues splitting them in groups so that they can be split out.  I have used RJ45 between my groups which allows me to have up to 100ft between groups with no injection.

I cut my 50 count pixel strands (from Wired Watts) into 10 sections, 5 pixels per stake. Then wired as depicted in recent post. Used 3 conductor 18 awg wire between each stake.

Lots of soldering to do.